Push notifications on iOS imore forums app not working

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Not receiving push notifications despite having them on and enabled in the app and via iPhone notification center. Have even deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I've heard some say push notifications have been restored. Can anyone confirm...?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I guess a good sign is I got a notification from tapatalk for this thread but not the imore forums app. That helps answer my question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I guess a good sign is I got a notification from tapatalk for this thread but not the imore forums app. That helps answer my question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A little tip for you...ALL forum apps including ours are built on the backbone of tapatalk so for the life of me I cannot figure out why the devs and or techs responsible for our app cannot get notifications to work on this app. It had been fixed at one time because of a new plug in and they are working on it I assure you.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yep. You just have to wait it out. I only use Tapatalk so it didn't really affect me, but I know that the devs are working on this issue.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Like Jag said the iMore Forums app is built on the Tapatalk platform. They thought it was fixed earlier, but evidently it's not working properly yet.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What's important to know is that they are taking the time to track down the problem so please be patient. In the meantime, an alternative app is available if you want to use it....:)

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Just checking back in on this issue. Hasn't been resolved...just wondered if I'm overlooking something.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Just checking back in on this issue. Hasn't been resolved...just wondered if I'm overlooking something.

Notifications were working fine for me although I turned them off a few months ago. I know this doesn't fix the actual issue but have you tried using Tapatalk instead?

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Notifications were working fine for me although I turned them off a few months ago. I know this doesn't fix the actual issue but have you tried using Tapatalk instead?

Yes I've tried Tapatalk, seemed a little "busy" too me so I preferred to use the Imore forums app.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes I've tried Tapatalk, seemed a little "busy" too me so I preferred to use the Imore forums app.

I'm a big fan of Tapatalk - prefer it over the stock iMore Forums app (particularly since other forums are there all in one app). To each their own :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox