Because I don't listen to music that often I'd prefer to store my music library via iTunes Match only, not on my iPhone. I have match turned on but, when I check settings>general>about>songs it shows there are songs stored on my phone. I just checked prior to posting this and the # has increased. How are songs mysteriously being loaded on my phone without my knowledge?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    04-15-2014 06:21 AM
    You may find this little tidbit interesting:

You can store up to 25,000 songs in iCloud (more if songs are purchased from the iTunes Store), but only what you play or download is stored on your device.

Source:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/
    04-15-2014 08:54 AM
    You may find this little tidbit interesting:

You can store up to 25,000 songs in iCloud (more if songs are purchased from the iTunes Store), but only what you play or download is stored on your device.

Source:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/
    So when I play a song from the cloud on my phone it's automatically downloaded to my device? What if I don't want it stored on my phone?

04-15-2014 09:32 AM
    So when I play a song from the cloud on my phone it's automatically downloaded to my device? What if I don't want it stored on my phone?

According to the Apple Website, the answer to your first question is, "Yes". In regard to your second question, heck if I know.......I was just alerting you to what I had read.
    04-15-2014 09:37 AM
    According to the Apple Website, the answer to your first question is, "Yes". In regard to your second question, heck if I know.......I was just alerting you to what I had read.
    Gotcha, thanks for the info. I may just stick with iTunes Radio or the like. I don't like that music is stored on my device without my knowledge.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-15-2014 12:13 PM