Switching from Blackberry 9360 to iPhone 5s or waiting for 6

chats90

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have been using a Blackberry 9360 for the best part of two years and was content with it until Blackberry pulled the support and left many like me hanging. The software has made it impossible for me to use it beyond two or three hours at most even after getting a new battery, Now i feel the time has come to buy a new phone in the coming months and I'd like to buy an iPhone. I've used ipod, ipad, and other devices in the past but tend to stay away from them because of gaming and all the time wasting apps.

So the real question is should I just get the 5s or wait for 6 (should cost $900 USD off contract). I like the 5s but I wanted something bigger but there's no guarantee of a bigger iPhone coming anytime soon. :confused:

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
The 5s is an awesome phone,IMO, and haven't had a bit of issues with it. The iphone 6, even though there's no guarantee, could have a bigger screen", but probably won't be out till the fall. It all depends on what you need and want.
But either way, welcome to IMore. There are several threads here that can be of help to.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
If you need it right now, the 5s is great. If the prospect of a bigger screen entices you, maybe you'd be better off picking up an older iphone like the 4s, then selling it and buying the 6 in the fall. Apple devices generally hold their resale value very well, so you wouldn't lose much cash (if any) by doing it this way.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Like I tell everyone if you are thinking...Go play with it and make up your mind now whether a new phone is coming out or not, It will be some time and you just can't beat the top of the line iPhone we have now.

chats90

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
That's what I was thinking of doing. or I could just get a new ipod touch and sell it later on... apple products do well in the resale market. Which phone are you guys using and do you plan to upgrade to the supposedly big screen iphone 6 ??

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was thinking of doing. or I could just get a new ipod touch and sell it later on... apple products do well in the resale market. Which phone are you guys using and do you plan to upgrade to the supposedly big screen iphone 6 ??

Welcome to iMore!!!

I have a 4S and 5S and yes I plan on upgrading. I upgrade my phone every year. I've found I really enjoy my iPhone because it just works, so I'm sure I'll be purchasing whatever the next iteration is and I'll use my 5S as my second device.

chats90

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome ! :)

Incase you guys haven't seen this - Render based on all the rumors

Attachments

• iPhone-6-CW.jpg
    iPhone-6-CW.jpg
    645.7 KB · Views: 445

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics