forgot restriction passcode, cant connect to computer iphone 4s ios 7.0.1

I

iMore Question

Guys its all in the title. I'm in a real pickle here. Cant connect to Itunes some kind of error and cant restore dirctly on phone.
Can anyone help PLEASE

Andrija Galovic

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
So is there any way i can restore my phone now? I think I might have screwed it up by deleting something called orangeautopsy.app if i remember correctly. I used ifile to do that.
Now it cant access wifi nor can i access is through itunes or ifunbox. Is there anything i can do to fix this? I dont know if that was what did it(deleting that app) or something else.
When i try to access itunes it says error x8000065.

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Andrija

Sorry to hear about your issues I never used iFile but heard that there's some sort of trash bin associated with the app. Look in there for your missing file and see if you can restore it back

Andrija Galovic

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
No, the trash folder is empty but thank you. Here's the rest of the story :D. Can't go into DFU mode cause my power button hasn't been working for a like a year and ever since i've been using activator to lock it. And i haven't powered it down since! Do you guys think I could put in a bad password 10 times on purpose and have that restore it? Would it then restart even the system thing that i might have deleted? I'm worried that after i restore it, I will loose all my apps and it still wont be able to connect to PC or wifi. In that case I am left with no apps whatsoever.

Bare in mind i live in a country where there ain't no Apple store :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say this but since it is a 4S I would look to buy a new phone since it appears you have done something to this phone to make it not work and now given the power button does not work. I just love when we get fed bits and pieces and expect to help fix a phone when we don't have all the info from the start. Good luck.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, the trash folder is empty but thank you. Here's the rest of the story :D. Can't go into DFU mode cause my power button hasn't been working for a like a year and ever since i've been using activator to lock it. And i haven't powered it down since! Do you guys think I could put in a bad password 10 times on purpose and have that restore it? Would it then restart even the system thing that i might have deleted? I'm worried that after i restore it, I will loose all my apps and it still wont be able to connect to PC or wifi. In that case I am left with no apps whatsoever.

Bare in mind i live in a country where there ain't no Apple store :)

To be blunt, there is nothing we can do for you in this regard. Sorry.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why do people feel the need to delete things? I find this hilarious...what convinces a person to just delete a file within the file system?

I've said it before and I'll say it again...if you don't know what you're doing, don't mess with the file system.

And people wonder why Apple doesn't provide this function natively...LOL!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Why do people feel the need to delete things? I find this hilarious...what convinces a person to just delete a file within the file system?

I've said it before and I'll say it again...if you don't know what you're doing, don't mess with the file system.

And people wonder why Apple doesn't provide this function natively...LOL!

ExactaMundo

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
That won't help if u don't remember the pass code. There is NO bypassing the password requirement. If that were the case then anyone who steals a device can place into dfu mode and restore as new.

You're talking about iCloud not the other passcode to remove restrictions.

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately we can help u if you forgot the pass code. There is no bypassing it. Sorry.

rdiddy is right, There really is nothing that can be done. Very sorry.

That won't help if u don't remember the pass code. There is NO bypassing the password requirement. If that were the case then anyone who steals a device can place into dfu mode and restore as new.

OP could absolutely fix this if his/her power button was working, and s/he is the one who has the iPhone in their Find My iPhone. If they could put it in to DFU mode, they'd just have to restore, then enter their AppleID. There is no way to take it out of Find My iPhone really though. If s/he could produce a valid Proof of Purchase, as in from a carrier, BestBuy or whatever, then Apple actually does have a way to fix it, after you verify 50 different ways that you bought it legit.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Apple, historically, has offered ZERO assistance when it comes to forgotten passwords in relation to Find My iPhone...this has been widely reported as people have tried to get assistance with it even with all the proof in the world that it was in fact their iPhone that was having the issue.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Ring.....Hello Apple Support

Hi my dog ate my slip of paper with my Apple ID written on it

Ok we will reset your device for you

Andrija Galovic

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Holy crap I took it to a guy to fix the power button, and when I got it back everything worked perfectly! Connects to wi fi and to my PC. Looks like all it needed was a restart or something they did in order to change the button (something with the battery and so on) :p. Thanks anyway guys :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2