Unlocked TMobile or AT&T iPhone 5S on Sprint?

I

iMore Question

I currently have service with TMobile, but where I live Sprint has better service so I'm thinking of switching.

I have 4 iPhone 5s's 2 of them were originally AT&T and 2 of them were TMobile. If all 4 iPhones are unlocked is there any way that I can take them to Sprint to use?

I've read conflicting reports on this, and my understanding was that the iPhone 5s is the same regardless of carrier. I just don't want to plan on jumping without knowing for sure it will or won't work.

Sorry if this has been asked; I tried searching and didn't find anything here about this specific question. Thanks in advance for your help.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, they won't work on Sprint. You would have to purchase an iPhone with Sprint for it to work since Sprint is a CDMA carrier & AT&T & T-mobile are GSM carriers

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not 100% certain, but I think the issue you face is whether Sprint will activate it on their network and not whether it will actually work. From what I've heard, Sprint is pretty dead set on preventing other carrier iPhones from being activated on their network.

There's also something about the UICC card that comes with all Sprint iPhones. From what I remember, the devices won't work without them...and devices from other carriers can't use them.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm not 100% certain, but I think the issue you face is whether Sprint will activate it on their network and not whether it will actually work. From what I've heard, Sprint is pretty dead set on preventing other carrier iPhones from being activated on their network.

There's also something about the UICC card that comes with all Sprint iPhones. From what I remember, the devices won't work without them...and devices from other carriers can't use them.

You're 100% correct on that one Sean. Sprint and verizon both WONT activate a phone that's not theirs.
Since the are unlocked, u can sell them and use the proceeds towards Sprint iPhone 5S's. GL

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods