Are there any advantages to having a Mac computer when it comes to editing photos ?

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Are there any advantages to having a Mac computer when it comes to editing photos and having them available to view on all your Apple devices. Like can I take photos on my iPhone, get them on my Mac, edit them and have them available to view on my iPhone in there edited state? Would iCloud somehow be involved?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
There might be an advantage but you can also use photostream or edit the pics right on your iPhone

You have numerous options at your disposal

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Nothing really exclusive to a Mac in that regard...all of those things you listed can also be done on a Windows based machine as well. The Mac is going to bring with it several perks when it comes to interaction with iDevices, but none of these things are purely related to photo editing in any way really.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The retina display does do wonders for editing, with it being the optimal pixel density, for one, and with Photoshop where you do a lot of very specific selections that are pixel dependent, it is essential.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm aware I can transfer the pics from my phone to my pc, edit the pictures then transfer them back to my phone. I was wondering if there was a way to avoid some of those steps. I'm also aware of iPhoto for iPhone but its much easier to edit photos on a big pc screen. I was just looking for a more convenient, less cumbersome way of doing it.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
It is always advantageous to be in the Apple ecosystem.
Steps:
1. Take a picture with your iPhone
2. See it on your mac right away (provided you have PS on)
3. Edit it on your mac (PS)
4. Find the updated version on the iPhone

Easy!!!

Remember the "i" in iMac, iPod, iPhone and iPad is meant for integrated. That is the power of Apple ecosystem.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
It is always advantageous to be in the Apple ecosystem.
Steps:
1. Take a picture with your iPhone
2. See it on your mac right away (provided you have PS on)
3. Edit it on your mac (PS)
4. Find the updated version on the iPhone

Easy!!!

Remember the "i" in iMac, iPod, iPhone and iPad is meant for integrated. That is the power of Apple ecosystem.

That's the info I was hoping for! A good reason to ditch the PC. What does "PS" mean?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2