What is the purpose of the default mail account?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The default account is the one that will be used to send an email when you tap the compose button in mail

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Its the main account you're sending emails from. Its just a convenience. You should give us more information, so we can better assist you. :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ray this might not need to be clarified so excuse me but the OP should know unless I am reading him wrong.... There is NO default email except for the email app being Native to the OS. You still have to set up your own email which then becomes your default email and if you add more than one, You have to designate what you want as your default. Did not mean to jump your answer ray, Just want the OP to know this. One last thing in a word you said to the OP that is....There is no PURPOSE per se. It is as I said your main mail acct.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
In my case, I have 6 email accounts. The one they call the default account is the first email account I set up. It was a Gmail account. So now it's just called Gmail. My other gmail accounts go by the full email address. You can change which account you want to be the default account.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Its the main account you're sending emails from. Its just a convenience. You should give us more information, so we can better assist you. :)

Exactly, and there is no purpose for it in comparison to any other email accounts you may have configured on your device. Also, if you do have more than one c=email account configured, you can select which one to serve as the default (primary account) if the one that is currently selected is not.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In my case, I have 6 email accounts. The one they call the default account is the first email account I set up. It was a Gmail account. So now it's just called Gmail. My other gmail accounts go by the full email address. You can change which account you want to be the default account.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
I responded above prior to seeing your reply Ledsteplin. Sorry about that. At least we're on the same page, huh...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods