Touch ID water damaged

U

Unregistered

I recently dropped my iPhone 5s in a swimming pool. After two days I took it to be repaired and I just got it back yesterday. Is it possible that my Touch ID settings are missing because my fingerprint scanner is damaged ?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Go into your settings app and see if you have updated to 7.1 they moved these settings to the main section now right where you can see it. Test it first. If it allows you to reset a fingerprint you should be ok and if it was damaged and will not let you and you have the desire to passcode it you can still do that there as well but you just wont have the fingerprint. What makes you think it IS damaged and also do you have insurance by chance? Good luck and let us know what happened.

thomas 1991

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I have updated to 7.1. I go to settings and there's only passcode, no Touch ID. I've tried to enable and disable passcode lock , I've reset my settings, I've restarted my iPhone several times. Before I updated to 7.1 the setting was there but remained inactive (letters in gray). I had used it before the water incident , and it was working perfectly. If anybody knows what I could do I'd be grateful

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2