Wanting 5C but scared to switch from physical keyboard ... is difficult?takes a lot of adjusting?

I

iMore Question

My OLD OLD OLD LG slide phone (w/a # key pad~ i.e., not a QWERTY keyboard) is dying / dead (can?t read / navigate the screen). Can only call out if know #. Can receive calls but no caller id.

But am hanging onto it b/c am in the dark r.e., what phone to switch to. Leaning heavily twd iPhone5c. In fact, loving it except one hesitation ... don?t know if I?ll be able to deal with the phantom keyboard. I know on my Garmin GPS, I?m regularly having to hit erase b/c I hit the wrong ?key? ( ... must consider however, that often I?m driving~ sorry! but true~ while keying in the address / intersection / name of business etc.)

Please advise.

Oh, might be helpful to know: It took me awhile to learn to text but that was on a # pad (not a QWERT keyboard). I don?t mind having a learning curve ... even a steep learning curve ... just as long as I?ll definitely arrive at proficiency / accuracy. What ch?all think?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to a nearby Apple Store, Best Buy, Walmart or anywhere else that sells the iPhone 5C and test it out for yourself. The device itself is power, well-buit, easy to use and well-supported, however, typing efficiency comes with practice.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I love my 5c. I think it's worth trying it out. It's got really good and fairly accurate auto correct. Plus the option to bold the keyboard in 7.1 makes it easier to see the letters and numbers.

Just as the person before me said, go play with it. I think you'll like it though. =]

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I had a Blackberry for work for ages and I thought it would be hard to switch to using an on-screen keyboard. It was the easiest, most straightforward experience and now I would not go back to using a phone with a physical keyboard.

As the above have said, go to a store and have a look for yourself; I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I used Blackberry's for years before I switched to my first iPhone. I had no problem getting used to my iPhone keyboard. It might have taken a couple of days.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My dad thought he couldn't live without a physical keyboard...he complained and b*tched and moaned about his iPhone that we got him as a gift, and then after about a week...he was perfectly adjusted to it. The guy is in his 60's now, and this was a big speed bump to upgrading to these new smart phones...he has no problem with the touch screens now, he gets more frustrated with being overwhelmed with features.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My dad thought he couldn't live without a physical keyboard...he complained and b*tched and moaned about his iPhone that we got him as a gift, and then after about a week...he was perfectly adjusted to it. The guy is in his 60's now, and this was a big speed bump to upgrading to these new smart phones...he has no problem with the touch screens now, he gets more frustrated with being overwhelmed with features.
This is my favorite dad story on how he got use to the keyboard. :) lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73