My OLD OLD OLD LG slide phone (w/a # key pad~ i.e., not a QWERTY keyboard) is dying / dead (cant read / navigate the screen). Can only call out if know #. Can receive calls but no caller id.

But am hanging onto it b/c am in the dark r.e., what phone to switch to. Leaning heavily twd iPhone5c. In fact, loving it except one hesitation ... dont know if Ill be able to deal with the phantom keyboard. I know on my Garmin GPS, Im regularly having to hit erase b/c I hit the wrong key ( ... must consider however, that often Im driving~ sorry! but true~ while keying in the address / intersection / name of business etc.)

Please advise.

Oh, might be helpful to know: It took me awhile to learn to text but that was on a # pad (not a QWERT keyboard). I dont mind having a learning curve ... even a steep learning curve ... just as long as Ill definitely arrive at proficiency / accuracy. What chall think?
    04-10-2014 12:21 PM
    Go to a nearby Apple Store, Best Buy, Walmart or anywhere else that sells the iPhone 5C and test it out for yourself. The device itself is power, well-buit, easy to use and well-supported, however, typing efficiency comes with practice.
    04-10-2014 12:27 PM
    I love my 5c. I think it's worth trying it out. It's got really good and fairly accurate auto correct. Plus the option to bold the keyboard in 7.1 makes it easier to see the letters and numbers.

Just as the person before me said, go play with it. I think you'll like it though. =]

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.
    04-10-2014 12:30 PM
    I had a Blackberry for work for ages and I thought it would be hard to switch to using an on-screen keyboard. It was the easiest, most straightforward experience and now I would not go back to using a phone with a physical keyboard.

As the above have said, go to a store and have a look for yourself; I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    04-10-2014 12:36 PM
    I used Blackberry's for years before I switched to my first iPhone. I had no problem getting used to my iPhone keyboard. It might have taken a couple of days.
    04-10-2014 01:08 PM
    My dad thought he couldn't live without a physical keyboard...he complained and b*tched and moaned about his iPhone that we got him as a gift, and then after about a week...he was perfectly adjusted to it. The guy is in his 60's now, and this was a big speed bump to upgrading to these new smart phones...he has no problem with the touch screens now, he gets more frustrated with being overwhelmed with features.
    04-10-2014 01:28 PM
    My dad thought he couldn't live without a physical keyboard...he complained and b*tched and moaned about his iPhone that we got him as a gift, and then after about a week...he was perfectly adjusted to it. The guy is in his 60's now, and this was a big speed bump to upgrading to these new smart phones...he has no problem with the touch screens now, he gets more frustrated with being overwhelmed with features.
    This is my favorite dad story on how he got use to the keyboard. lol
    04-10-2014 02:53 PM