Please help, stolen ipod touch

ahnphan

Nov 23, 2013
www.facebook.com
My girl friend just had her ipod touch stolen... I dont think that we can find it back any chance. However there is some privacy stuffs like photos, my gf did setup a passcode so whoever has it can not log in in to her ipod but if they plug it in pc they will be able to see the photos.. So is there anyway to wipe her ipod before they plug it into pc ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If she has iCloud account AND has enabled location services & the Find My iPhone feature then she should be able to login to the iCloud website, tap on the Find My iPhone icon and then locate and wipe her device.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Find my iPhone can also track the location of it if you wanted to contact the police but once it's wiped that won't be an option.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If she has iCloud account AND has enabled location services & the Find My iPhone feature then she should be able to login to the iCloud website, tap on the Find My iPhone icon and then locate and wipe her device.

Don't you need wifi for that?

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Can you still locate your iphone or iPod touch even if you activated find my iphone and the "thief" has not connected your stolen device to internet?

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you still local your iphone or iPod touch even if you activated find my iphone and the "thief" has not connected your stolen device to internet?

I'm sure the wireless carriers have ways to locate a device without the need for an internet connection.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods