I have a strange problem with iCloud email. When I receive an HTML email it shows perfectly on my iPhone, but when I go to the iCloud website it only shows it as a bunch of letters and numbers. Below are examples of the exact same email from iPhone and website...

This is what it looks like on the iPhone:

And this is what it looks like on the iCloud website:

Please help... Thanks
    04-08-2014 07:33 AM
    It's an iCloud email what your seeing is encryption code

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s
    04-08-2014 08:50 AM
    I have tried to duplicate this by looking at iCloud email and the website that has HTML attachments and can't. Mine read out fine unless it is a setting of sorts on your computer. Is it a PC?
    04-08-2014 08:54 AM
    Just noticed I wasn't signed in when I posted.... oops. Anyway, yes it is a PC, but I haven't had this problem before until now, and I haven't changed any settings or anything. It is really frustrating. Do you think if I called Apple they would be able to tell me what to do ?
    04-08-2014 09:17 AM
    Just noticed I wasn't signed in when I posted.... oops. Anyway, yes it is a PC, but I haven't had this problem before until now, and I haven't changed any settings or anything. It is really frustrating. Do you think if I called Apple they would be able to tell me what to do ?
    Maybe try a different web browser?

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    04-08-2014 09:19 AM
    Maybe try a different web browser?

Thanks for the advice, until then I honestly hadn't thought about trying that, BUT it did the same thing in my regular browser (Google Chrome, until I find a better one and free myself from Google completely) and in Interenet Explorer as well.

Oh, and before it is suggested, I DO have Load images in HTML messages checked. I even tried unchecking it reloading, and then checking it again and reloading. LOL

And even stranger, the account I am having trouble with is an alias account, the main account and the other 2 aliases I have on that account sees / displays HTML perfectly fine...
    Last edited by Wrstlr316; 04-08-2014 at 09:46 AM.
    04-08-2014 09:24 AM
    I just sounds like something happened to that alias account where you may be able to delete and re add it it to cure the issue. Try that.
    04-08-2014 09:49 AM
    I just sounds like something happened to that alias account where you may be able to delete and re add it it to cure the issue. Try that.
    Thanks, I was going to try that, but I went to do that and it said I would not be allowed to create another alias for 7 days, and I really don't want to be without that alias for 7 days as it is tied to several accounts I have, I don't want to switch them all back to an old email address just to have to do it again in 7 days. I may just call apple and see if they can help, if I do call them and they give me a solution I will post it here in case others have this same problem.
    04-08-2014 09:58 AM
    Thanks for the advice, until then I honestly hadn't thought about trying that, BUT it did the same thing in my regular browser (Google Chrome, until I find a better one and free myself from Google completely) and in Interenet Explorer as well.

Oh, and before it is suggested, I DO have Load images in HTML messages checked. I even tried unchecking it reloading, and then checking it again and reloading. LOL

And even stranger, the account I am having trouble with is an alias account, the main account and the other 2 aliases I have on that account sees / displays HTML perfectly fine...
    Try Firefox, also if you have an outlook or gmail account forward the email to that and try viewing it in internet explorer and/or chrome.

04-08-2014 10:06 AM
    Try Firefox, also if you have an outlook or gmail account forward the email to that and try viewing it in internet explorer and/or chrome.

Thanks for the tip, I forwarded it to both my gmail and outlook addresses from both my phone and web. The one from the phone (that showed fine) forwarded fine and looks fine. The one from the website (the encrypted garbage) forwarded exactly like that still garbage. Oh, and I tried Firefox, same results. I also posted on the apple support forums as well in hopes of a reply there too... Thanks everyone, and keep the ideas coming if they haven't been mentioned already.
    04-08-2014 11:12 AM