Find my phone

darkrid3r

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
We have several phones at our house, all of which are on a single itunes account.

The kids do NOT have access to this account.
Each phone is on IOS 7.1
All phones are 4s devices
All phones are on the same carrier with the same plan.

We have 2 phones that the "find my phone" feature keeps disabling itself. And dont know how to fix it.

The two phones in question have heavy gamer use on them, specially when on the bus.

What we want is to fix the "find my phone feature" and keep it from disabling itself.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
iOS Gravity is right, it can't just disable itself.

I bet this just happens to the kids' phones?

If so, I would change your iTunes password again as in this instance I think the little darlings have somehow found it and are disabling the feature themselves.

darkrid3r

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
This happens on my wifes phone and my sons phone.

I believe my wife when she said she did not turn it off, and my son does not have the password.
We have actually changed the password 3 times. This was our first thought. The other kids phones are fine.

Mine never turns off, ever.

darkrid3r

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I did read somewhere that when the device gets low on memory it will disable icloud, but I have not been able to reproduce or confirm this.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Then that is most odd. You can try contacting Apple support or possibly restoring them through iTunes to see if that rectifies the issue. Of course, restoring will wipe everything from the phone and set it back to the setup screens.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
We have several phones at our house, all of which are on a single itunes account.

The kids do NOT have access to this account.
Each phone is on IOS 7.1
All phones are 4s devices
All phones are on the same carrier with the same plan.
I understand

We have 2 phones that the "find my phone" feature keeps disabling itself. And dont know how to fix it.
Whoa! That's not good.

The two phones in question have heavy gamer use on them, specially when on the bus.

What we want is to fix the "find my phone feature" and keep it from disabling itself.
I'm finding it difficult to understand how it is disabling itself. If you do not have locations services restricted in the restrictions settings, anyone with those devices can go to Settings - Privacy - Locations Services - Find My iPhone and then disable it. It does not ask for a passcode.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I understand

Whoa! That's not good.

I'm finding it difficult to understand how it is disabling itself. If you do not have locations services restricted in the restrictions settings, anyone with those devices can go to Settings - Privacy - Locations Services - Find My iPhone and then disable it. It does not ask for a passcode.

I completely overlooked that last part. Seems like a kid is playing around with the settings.

darkrid3r

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Even with location services off, it can still find my phone. Is this because of WIFI?

It specifically states.

Location services will be disabled for all apps, but if your personalized locations services settings for all apls will be temporarily restored if you use find my iphone to enable lost mode.

So even if they turn off location services, find my iphone succeeds this setting, at least, that is how I read that statement.

darkrid3r

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Sure I could see my son but not my wife. She can hardly work the microwave. :)

I am going to have to double check, but the last time I checked this, location services were on.
And the find my iphone setting was specifically off.

darkrid3r

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes my son does.

My son and wife share hayday (game), its the only 2 things that are the same on each phone. My son plays on the bus on the way home and my wife while were in the bed from time to time.
I have also confirmed the location services thing, both on my phone and my wifes.

Its just odd.....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do not disable location services. Go to Settings - General - Restrictions and them scroll down to "Location Services", tap on it, and then tap on "Do not allow changes". Make sure that "Find My iPhone" is enabled in the list beforehand. By doing this, he or she will not be able to disable the feature without knowing the restrictions passcode.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods