For all those pro jailbreakers

I

iMore Question

I have an iPhone 5s and I jailbroke it back in January. Recently, I bought and installed Eclipse. It worked fine for a few days but when my phone's battery died and after it turned back on, it stopped working. I went to settings and it appeared as if it were activated, so I deleted it and reinstalled. Still, it wouldn't work. I then decided to delete every tweak and plugin I have downloaded, except for the ones essential for cydia to work. I reinstalled Eclipse and it still didn't work. I then deleted all packages in cydia, even those essential for cydia, thinking my phone would be unjailbroken. I then connected my phone to my mac and ran evasion. It said my phone was already jailbroken, so I decided to rejailbreak it. It wouldn't go past "Injecting evasi0n app 2/2". I wanted to restore my iPhone but if I do, iTunes would update it to 7.1, losing the possibility of jailbreaking. So I tried doing a semi restore but it couldn't connect to device. I also tried deleting the evasion files on my phone using iFunBox but it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

We've had a spate of posts recently on issues like this. kch50428 is right, update it to 7.1 and wait for another jailbreak is pretty much your only course of action. If you've deleted essential Cydia tweaks and the phone is still jailbroken, restoring it as new on iTunes to 7.1 is your chance to get it working again.

Unfortunately, mucking about with your phone, if you are not 100% sure what you are doing, is not a good idea. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR