How long do you think it will be before Apple starts looking at implemented wireless charging for the iPhone. Or developing an official charging case like Samsung does?
    It seems to make sense, as battery life is still a key flaw at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    04-05-2014 07:43 AM
    We haven't heard any rumours this year on it so far, so I would guess not this year at least.

I don't see any rush, as it appears to be still in its infancy as far as mainstream manufacturers including it in their devices. It's slower to charge than normal and in the vast majority of cases, it requires a third party case and charging plate.

At the moment, it still walking that fine line between feature and gimmick and I think that will persist for the next year at least.
    04-05-2014 07:49 AM
    That makes sense, I agree that it is still a fairly young technology, but Apple needs to find someway to improve battery life with the iPhone 6, with at least a full day of usage...but I understand how difficult this is..

Just another thought..how about a power saving mode like in the HTC One M8 or the Galaxy S5?

04-05-2014 07:53 AM
    There are many ways to optimize your battery life. We have a lot of members that get all day use from a single charge even with heavy use

As for wireless charging it's difficult with an aluminum back and I wouldn't want a case just to accomplish it

The best wireless charging was the Palm Pre line with there Touchstone puck it worked perfect even there tablet that I still use has a wireless drop stand and it still works going on 3 years if the iPad had one it would sell like hot cakes

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s
    04-05-2014 08:17 AM
    How would you optimise the battery better, without reducing many of the features that make the iPhone so great?

04-05-2014 08:23 AM
    That is a good point by the way regarding the aluminium backing.

I just think this concept of wireless charging is interesting

04-05-2014 08:24 AM
    How would you optimise the battery better, without reducing many of the features that make the iPhone so great?

The only one I use is the brightness I keep it at three quarters it's actually better on the eyes and it saves a lot of battery oh and use Wifi as much as possible. Those two don't change your iPhone experience the rest will and you can find them on this forum

04-05-2014 08:53 AM
    Thanks, I will try to reduce my brightness and see if that helps

04-05-2014 08:59 AM
    The only one I use is the brightness I keep it at three quarters it's actually better on the eyes and it saves a lot of battery oh and use Wifi as much as possible. Those two don't change your iPhone experience the rest will and you can find them on this forum

I have my brightness all the way down most of the time unless I'm outside. I also find games look better with the brightness down low.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    04-05-2014 12:30 PM