Calender Apps!

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Okay everyone, I want to know your personal views on what is the best calendar apps to use on Mac, iPhone and iPad! I have always used the default Apple app, but I am interested in the other options out there

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Calendars 5 by Readdle is also a great calendar app. I like it because of the functionality and features. Keeping up with events is just easier with more options.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
What makes fantastical great is how intuitive it is. You type lunch with Michael at 3pm on Tuesday and bam it's all set

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
And can you transfer events from the default Calendar app to these other 3rd Party applications, because I have so many entered, and I wouldn't want to have to enter them all again

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
What makes fantastical great is how intuitive it is. You type lunch with Michael at 3pm on Tuesday and bam it's all set

This. Fantastical is so much better than stock. This is just an example. Watch a video of the app and check out the features. Decide if it's useful to you. It sure is to me.

Sent using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
And can you transfer events from the default Calendar app to these other 3rd Party applications, because I have so many entered, and I wouldn't want to have to enter them all again

All my calendars sync up perfect. I use google colander as my main calendar but they all work well.

Sent using Tapatalk

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It looks amazing actually! The one thing I have heard though is that you have to buy it for iPhone, buy it for iPad, and then buy it for Mac..
How much would that cost in total?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I bought Fantastical a while back but ended up deleting it.

The Native calendar app is great and I use Siri to set my appointments you can't beat that. Takes a while to get good at telling Siri how you like your app set but when you do she gets good at it

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Does it automatic when you set up the app

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I've tried a significant number of Calendar apps. My favorites are Fantastical (for the reasons that members above have mentioned plus it has a URL scheme so I can use it in conjunction with LaunchCenterPro) and Week Calendar. Week Calendar has a nice week layout, intuitive zooming in on a day, and the best timezone support I've used. It allows you to follow the time zone of the phone (which is just convenient), but you can also set it to always ask you for the timezone when adding/editing. It's the only app I can remember that does this so easily. If you travel across timezones and need to enter appointments for other timezones, it helps a lot. (There are also icons, custom colors, etc., in Week Calendar, but I rarely use them.)

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Around 40$ for all of them, which isn't bad value really

If you download the iPhone version, you get the iPad version too. No need to pay extra for the iPad version. I heard of a new app called iCal, but I never use the calender except for checking what day it is. iCal syncs perfectly with other online calenders. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If you download the iPhone version, you get the iPad version too.

I don't think that is true, an iMore article said that you must purchase each separately. It isn't a universal app

Thanks, I will have a look at iCal as well, and see how it is! I am a fairly heavy calendar user and my whole life is organised on there, so it needs to have a lot of features

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods