Not syncing to my laptop

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have recently purchased an iPhone 5s. I have yet to have it get recognized by my laptop (running windows 8.1) i have made sure that Apple mobile devices is installed and working, uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes numerous times. I know the chord works I charge my phone with it every night.

Any suggestions?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

I suggest you try another computer to eliminate the possibility your having a device issue first

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I will try this when I get home and will also try my daughters new iPod to make a positive assessment of the real issue, thanks for the suggestions

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Okay I plugged in my phone to my daughters laptop and it didn't connect. I then plugged her iPod in and it connected. So how do I go about fixing that seems to be a phone issue?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
You mentioned you just bought the 5s a trip to your local Apple store would be the preferred action but if that's unavailable I would try another cable even if your cable is charging it could still be defective

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think you are going to find out that like many here with Windows 8.1 you are going have driver problems and being a new phone just call Apple tech and ask them where to send you to download and install the right drivers and that should resolve your issue. There have may threads for this same issue.Open MY Computer and see if you are being recognized as a device at all.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. We'll get to the bottom of this. I love a good conundrum. :)

I think it's driver based as I had the same issue on my computer although it did work on another computer. Both of mine are WIN 7 though. Bear in mind that the iPod is a totally different animal to the iPhone and it only takes one little driver error to make it not recognise one over the other.

I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, including every instance of an Apple driver or product on my computer (So, Bonjour, Apple Mobile Device etc) and reinstalled it all and it fixed the issue

Do you know someone else with a similar iPhone who you could ask to connect to your computer to see? It would certainly help in narrowing down the problem then by highlighting exactly where the issue lies.

If it's a brand new iPhone, it's possible that you haven't yet added in all your accounts or signed into all the apps you have yet, so erasing the device and starting again might be an option of last resort too.

And lastly, my condolences for having Windows 8.1. :D

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have uninstalled and reinstalled all apple components from my computer. I have tried 2 separate laptops one with Windows 7 and thenine with Windows 8.1. I have turned off the USB power down option in device manager and. I have no driver I believe to update because it hasn't connected the first time. It's getting rather frustrating

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Before you pull all your hair out, That is our job and i am already bald by choice of shaving it....LOL Did you look in MU Computer the icon with the letters to see if it is seen there? Please do what Apple is there for and call them for help instead of all of us guessing and giving you tips and have tech help you. I am sure it is network related and driver related. They can help and then once done let us know so next time we will have learned as well so it won't take so long next time. Good luck..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73