iPhone alarm not set but still goes off at night?

I

iMore Question

Hi,

My Iphone alarm went off at 12:50 but when i check my calender there is no set alarm for that time and when I check my notes either what is the cause for this?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
re:

Hi and welcome to iMore. :)

It might sound silly but check to make sure no other apps or other notifications have the same sound as your alarm sound set for them too.

The way I see it, the sound has to be caused by an app if you are sure there are no alarms or calendar appointments set and you haven't received any messages or emails.

Post back and let us know.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
re:

What exact Alarm went off? Would I assume it would be your clock Alarm? If that alarm was the one that went off no matter the time - Did you EVER at any time have the alarm set for this time and i ask this because IF you did could you have hit snooze instead of turning it off? Did you open the Clock and look at the Alarm located at the bottom to see if there is an alarm set and for that time. Is there a very small alarm (Clock) icon at the top right hand corner on the top dock area? How did you shut it off? I am asking these questions and did the alarm sound continue or just a quick like bing sound and that was it one time?
If you can answer these I would at least be able to figure out if it is the clocks alarm. Believe it or not I have one sound that goes off during the day at any time it feels it and i know it is an app doing it but have yet to find it and have gone through every app and everything in and out of my notification center. I think I have now found it so it might be something like that and is why I asked all these questions.
Please let us know and someone might pinpoint it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
re:

Hi and welcome to iMore. :)

It might sound silly but check to make sure no other apps or other notifications have the same sound as your alarm sound set for them too.

The way I see it, the sound has to be caused by an app if you are sure there are no alarms or calendar appointments set and you haven't received any messages or emails.

Post back and let us know.
You asked exactly what I wanted to pinpoint and get in there ahead - good as I am lengthy trying to pull it all out of them. Like minds working the same. :)

n12407

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
re:

I have the exact same problem m8, and the thing is I've only ever used my central alarm clock for alarms, which i NEVER LINKED TO MY CALENDAR OR OTHER APPS. Asides it's very easy to tell the difference between another app's notification on your phone and the alarm clock. I tried restarting my cell but it kept going off even though for every single alarm before it I hit okay and never snooze. It acts like there's some kind of latency and pretends that I never hit okay or turned any of the alarms off. The help listed though honestly sounds like it is for a brand new Iphone user, and if it helped the starter of this post then I'm fairly glad, however the help listed in no way helps me, and I'm a little sick of my phone going off every minute regardless of whether I turn the initial alarm off or I press okay. I apologize for sounding irritated, but I am, because it's about 4:53 in the morning and I've had to turn my phone off and rely on an online clock. :mad:

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
re:

Same issue. New iPhone 6 plus so I'm not an iPhone virgin. No previous Alarms set at all, yet my clock alarm went off at 5 am then again at 9:40 am. Not very happy. No calendars are tied in. Disappointed and sleep deprived

thewildpikachu

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
re:

My IPad went off while i was texting randomly:straight-face: I do not set alarms for night and it was 7:23 p.m., a time so specific it is weird, i do not have notifications turned on. Ever since then I have been hearing strange noises and felling random pains. Sometime I see things. Help

Supernatural_666

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
re:

Hi, so I had the same problem that an alarm would go off on the weekend at the same time every time. BUT I FOUND THE PROBLEM. If you have, IOS10, then you know that in 'Alarm' there is a new thing called ' Bedtime '. When you click on it, on top it will be written ' Bedtime Weekends', just turn it off. Basically, on the weekend it will ring so you go to sleep at that time and that you wake up at that time for a specific time of hours and minutes. I hope I helped some xo

vwesten

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
re:

Thank you so much!,,,,, my alarm has been going off every morning including at weekends at 6:00, and it has been making me crazy searching for alarms, notifications and calendar, checking my watch, iPad, iPhone..... you are correct, it was the bedtime function under alarms!

Looking forward to some extra sleep next weekend!

Daligal

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
re:

Hi, so I had the same problem that an alarm would go off on the weekend at the same time every time. BUT I FOUND THE PROBLEM. If you have, IOS10, then you know that in 'Alarm' there is a new thing called ' Bedtime '. When you click on it, on top it will be written ' Bedtime Weekends', just turn it off. Basically, on the weekend it will ring so you go to sleep at that time and that you wake up at that time for a specific time of hours and minutes. I hope I helped some xo

Mystery solved! Thanks for pointing this out. This was driving me crazy!

RaeAnn Enney

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Thank you. I had forgotten all about this!!!

justkimberly

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Thank you!!! I haven't been able to figure this out either. No more 6:30 wake ups on Saturday. The sound was different than my regular alarms and would wake up my dog too!!!

maxrudy1421

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Thank you SO MUCH!!!! I have been woken up for the past so many weekends!! I can't even tell you how frustrating it is!!! THANK YOU

ismyphonehaunted

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
So I have this same problem, except it's not the bedtime function (switched off and never used it) it's not the calendar, and like another user, mine went off at 7:23 (am). Not only that, the alarm is set on my alarms list (i didnt set it) but it's not even switched on. I am 100% certain it wasn't there last night when I set an alarm to eake me up after a sleep in. so is it safe to conclude my house, and phone, are haunted?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner