Whenever I take a screen shot on my ipad 4 they always end up having the rotation icon slap bang in the middle of them. Iv tried taking them with the roation lock on and it wont even take a screen shot!

What am I doing wrong?
    04-02-2014 06:18 AM
    I don't have an iPad 4, but I've taken numerous screenshots with my iPad Mini running iOS 7.1 and earlier, and I've NEVER had the oration lock icon appear in the middle of the screenshot or anywhere else. Are you taking the screenshot by pressing both the power and home button simultaneously or are you using another method?
    04-02-2014 09:31 AM
    Iv tried allsorts but as soon as I touch the power button the rotation Icon is on the screen. No matter which combination I use.

Ill take a screen shot of this and you will see what get every time.
    Attached Thumbnails Screenshots have the side switch/rotation icon on them-image.jpg  
    04-02-2014 01:31 PM
    Iv tried allsorts but as soon as I touch the power button the rotation Icon is on the screen. No matter which combination I use.

Ill take a screen shot of this and you will see what get every time.
    I've taken about 10 screenshots with my iPad Mini with the rotation lock enabled and disabled, and I cannot replicate the problem. I don't know what to tell you.
    04-02-2014 01:52 PM
    Iv had it since new year 2013 but have just accepted it. Found this site today and hoped someone would tell me I was doing something wrong. I bought my girlfreind the first ipad when it first came out in 2010 and that never ever has done this!
    04-02-2014 02:23 PM
    Looking now, when I press the power button the icon for whatever the side switch is being used for i.e. roation lock or mute, comes up. So when it takes a screen shot ts always there!
    04-02-2014 02:32 PM
    Do you have rotation lock enabled in the settings? Try turning that off and doing a screenshot...
    04-02-2014 02:34 PM
    As in, in settings, use side switch for rotation or mute?

Tried both and which ever is on it will give that icon.

I have a survival cover on my ipad so just took it off incase it was affecting any of the buttons and still the same. I now think its to do with the side switch as all I have to do is put the side switch on to lock. Or if the side switch is at the top left of the ipad, I switch it to the right and then the ipad asks me if I want to turn it off with the red swipe thing. I dont even need to touch the power button. If ai leave it, the white apple flases up as if its turning on and after a couple of seconds dies again, then flashes up again! There must be something dodgy going on between the power button and side switch?
    04-02-2014 02:45 PM
    Have you considered at this point to do a backup of your device and restore it, set it up as new and see if this takes care of the issue? I have never seen anything like this before and you have at least tried by giving us a screenshot which most would not have. Thank you and good luck.
    04-02-2014 03:46 PM
    I've tried to replicate the problem on my iPad and I can't either. I agree with Jag, I think a backup and restore would fix it but obviously can't be sure though. Are you jailbroken or stock and what version of iOS are you on?
    04-02-2014 04:12 PM
    I've tried to replicate the problem on my iPad and I can't either. I agree with Jag, I think a backup and restore would fix it but obviously can't be sure though. Are you jailbroken or stock and what version of iOS are you on?
    Its done it since I bought it brand new from an Apple shop and just assumed I was doing something wrong and never brought it up with them.
    04-02-2014 04:56 PM