Hopefully someone knows this, because I cannot seem to find a clear answer on this.

Does anyone know how to sync your documents between your Mac and iPad or your PC and iPad with the new Office for iPad similarly to the way you do it with Documents To Go?

In other words, I have read you can do things with OneDrive / MS 365 similar to iCloud, but what if you do not have an internet connection at the time, how do you access your files??

Hopefully, I have worded this correctly and thanks for any help!
    03-29-2014 08:37 AM
    The files need to be one OneDrive. Im assuming that once you open them on the iPad you have a local copy to use if you then don't have internet access for a while.
    03-29-2014 10:12 AM
    Thank you for the quick reply. Isn't OneDrive similar to iCloud?? In other words, it does not automatically sync the files unless I specify a particular file to be on OneDrive or iCould. I am looking to be able to hit a sync button like I do in Documents To Go.
    03-29-2014 11:23 AM
    Thank you for the quick reply. Isn't OneDrive similar to iCloud?? In other words, it does not automatically sync the files unless I specify a particular file to be on OneDrive or iCould. I am looking to be able to hit a sync button like I do in Documents To Go.
    Well I don't have the office for iPad, but I'm guessing that any documents you create are automatically saved to OneDrive if you have an internet connection or saved locally and auto-sync'd if you don't. I don't think you need to press a sync button at least you don't with something like Apple's Pages app and saving to iCloud.
    Just_Me_D and mjmillman like this.
    03-29-2014 11:29 AM
    What I gathered from reading is this: By default, your documents will automatically save into Microsoft's cloud and you will need the OneDrive app installed on your devices to retrieve those files.
    mjmillman likes this.
    03-29-2014 11:31 AM
    Thanks for all the replies. But, I actually was hoping for a solution similar to Documents To Go. I personal find the saving and opening through iCloud to be somewhat of a pain.....mainly due to it only works with each document. You can't sync folders like you can with DTG.
    03-29-2014 11:34 AM
    Thanks for all the replies. But, I actually was hoping for a solution similar to Documents To Go. I personal find the saving and opening through iCloud to be somewhat of a pain.....mainly due to it only works with each document. You can't sync folders like you can with DTG.
    If you have Office 365 and saved the document to Sky Drive, that document will appear in the documents folder of whatever Office app you're using.
    mjmillman likes this.
    03-29-2014 09:49 PM
    If you're working from your Mac or pc and save to OneDrive it will sync with your iPad the next time you have an internet connection. Docs created on the iPad will automatically save to OneDrive.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    mjmillman likes this.
    03-30-2014 08:22 AM
    All, Again thank you for all the responses, but I am looking for more of a global fix similar to how Documents To Go works. I do not want to have to do it file by file, I would rather do it folder by folder. Thank you again.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    03-30-2014 12:43 PM
    All, Again thank you for all the responses, but I am looking for more of a global fix similar to how Documents To Go works. I do not want to have to do it file by file, I would rather do it folder by folder. Thank you again.
    I've moved several large file folders over so that works. I don't use DTG so I'm not exactly sure about the differences between the two or what you're looking for.

Why not just keep using DTG if that's what works for you?

nikkisharif likes this.
    03-30-2014 12:54 PM
    Have you moved with iCloud or MS 365? I use two different computers, one is a Mac and the other is Windows. So I need to be able to sync both. DTG does ok, but it would be nice to work with the files either in Word or Pages.
    03-30-2014 02:29 PM
    Have you moved with iCloud or MS 365? I use two different computers, one is a Mac and the other is Windows. So I need to be able to sync both. DTG does ok, but it would be nice to work with the files either in Word or Pages.
    MS 365. I just couldn't get into Pages. Been using MS for 20 years so it's what I'm used to. I got one of the free subscriptions the other day and I've been using it all weekend. Very easy to learn. The ONLY thing I don't like is no Dropbox integration.

03-30-2014 03:09 PM
    I understand...I use Scanner Pro and it works just like DTG, so any device I log into all my stuff is automatically there without having to save anything. Hope you figure something out.
    03-30-2014 03:42 PM
    I've moved several large file folders over so that works. I don't use DTG so I'm not exactly sure about the differences between the two or what you're looking for.

Why not just keep using DTG if that's what works for you?

I'll have to try this!!
    03-30-2014 03:43 PM
    I understand...I use Scanner Pro and it works just like DTG, so any device I log into all my stuff is automatically there without having to save anything. Hope you figure something out.
    Scanner Pro by Readdle?
    03-30-2014 03:55 PM