I lost my Iphone. If the theif jailbreaks it, will it result in data breach in the iphone?

I

iMore Question

I lost my Iphone. Will it be possible for theif to jailbreak my Iphone without erasing the data in the Iphone.

I am very much worried, coz this can lead to data breach of the Iphone.

Can someone help me ? :(

Tamara_91

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I lost my Iphone. Will it be possible for theif to jailbreak my Iphone without erasing the data in the Iphone.

that's so pity :( jailbreak without losing data is only possible if you connect your iPhone to iTunes and backup it. but we don't know what the thief is thinking :(

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

If your phone had a password, there is no way to get around this AND get access to your files...to use the phone at even a basic level, the thief would have to restore the phone as new, essentially wiping all of your existing information off of it.

Given your line of questions, I'm guessing you probably didn't setup "Find My iPhone" so there's really no reason to get into that at all...in the future though, it's very important you set this up.

Just a bit of advice as well...it's probably not a great idea to keep really sensitive information on your iPhone without these security functions in place. It's essentially like putting stuff in a safe but not closing the door on it.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro