iphone 5 cables

I

iMore Question

I was just wondering, i was charging my iphone 5 with the cable it comes with, and all of a sudden, it starting smoking, and stopped charging. I noticed it and wasnt sure if it was the cable or iphone or computer. Is there something wrong with the lightning cables that it would start smoking or catch on fire. As if there was any more things wrong with this cable, first i have to buy like a cable every month because it keeps breaking and now i am worried about it catching on fire. Good thing i noticed it and had a replacement.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'd be more worried about the USB port on the computer outputting enough power to make the lightning cable start smoking than the actual cable itself... But that's just me...

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There's no common report of this...my guess is that you're probably either A.) Trying to use a damaged lightning cable...or B.) You're using a knock off lightning cable that wasn't manufactured properly.

I'm still using a lightning cable from my original iPhone 5 (and have my 5S's cable sitting in the box unused)...if you take care of the OE cables, they'll last forever.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
There's no common report of this...my guess is that you're probably either A.) Trying to use a damaged lightning cable...or B.) You're using a knock off lightning cable that wasn't manufactured properly.

I'm still using a lightning cable from my original iPhone 5 (and have my 5S's cable sitting in the box unused)...if you take care of the OE cables, they'll last forever.

+1 I still have some of my original iphone 4 cables that still are kicking just fine. I have a 10 foot griffin that I use to charge every night but have no problems with my oem one.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73