Hey iMore ,
    Have been a Loyal Android fanboy/rom/appdeveloper for three years,
    Finally switched to iPad mini with retina display today ditching a Nexus 7 2013 really loving it , i love tweaking my device .
    So looking to jail break my device, i have some questions please be kind enough to answer that

1. Can i update my device via ota when a software update us available (i know i may lose jail break)
    2. Is it dangerous dont wanna brick my device

Really loving iOS 7 switching from android is worth it
    P.S: i didnt update to 7.1 so i could jail break
    03-24-2014 12:16 PM
    Yes to question 1 and you would lose any JB. I would not recommend a JB and also once you update via OTA or even iTunes you will be upgrading to 7.1 which you can't avoid. You might want to use iTunes as I have heard certain people having trouble upgrading OTA.

It is not dangerous but I would once again not recommend it.
    03-24-2014 12:25 PM
    Yes i know i may lose JB iam just asking could i upgrade my os via any method
    And also can i un jailbreak
    Thanks for the reply
    03-24-2014 12:28 PM
    If you jailbreak your device, any updates would remove the jailbreak, there's no 'mights' about it.

However, if you are jailbroken, I would strongly advise not using an OTA to update as some users have reported problems. By far the safest way of updating is via iTunes. there are numerous threads and posts on iMore from people who have performed an OTA update and it has screwed with their jailbreak massively. Here's two.

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreaking...ailbroken.html
    http://forums.imore.com/jailbreaking...ta-update.html

Jailbreaking is a perfectly simple procedure if you follow the guides perfectly.

By far the safest way to remove a jailbreak is to restore it as a new device in iTunes but you would then be on the latest firmware and there might not be a compatible jailbreak for that yet.

I use Evasi0n to jailbreak my devices and it couldn't be any more simple than that. It's only compatible up to 7.0.6 though.
    03-24-2014 12:39 PM
    1. Before jail breaking and to upgrade the iOS version if you are jailbroken it is recommended to use iTunes and not OTA. OTA often does not work or can be unpredictable going to or from a jailbreak.
    2. No it is not dangerous.
    03-24-2014 12:41 PM
    Thanks a lot gonna jail break mine taking a backup via itunes now
    03-24-2014 01:09 PM