My daughters have iPods (5th gen) and whenever they send iMessages, they go to my husband's iPhone. I have tried to change settings, but I cannot remove my husband's iPhone number from the "You can be reached at" even though I have it unchecked and there is an email address. I would love to at least switch out the phone number with mine, but can't seem to figure it out. I don't even lnow how his number became affiliated with the iPods.
    03-24-2014 09:27 AM
    Do they each have their own Apple ID or were they set up using your husbands? I would have them create their own and that way the iPods will be set up properly and they or you will be able to set iMessage up correctly on them.
    03-24-2014 09:38 AM
    Was the iPod synced with the same computer as your husbands iPhone/iPad/iPod? Does your daughter have her own Apple ID that she signs into with the iPod?

Those are really the only ways it could be doing this...either her Apple ID is signed in on HIS iPhone, or his ID is signed in on her iPod. This could also happen if they were synced on the same machine using the backup...it could have transferred over his information to the iPod (though I think that is the least likely situation).

Make sure that any emails AND phone numbers related to his iPhone are non existent on her iPod.
    03-24-2014 09:43 AM
    How do I set up their apple own accounts?
    03-24-2014 10:39 AM
    Follow this link to Apple and you can set up individual Apple IDs.

Set up an Apple ID - Settings - iPhone Basics - Apple Support
    03-24-2014 11:05 AM
    My daughters have iPods (5th gen) and whenever they send iMessages, they go to my husband's iPhone. I have tried to change settings, but I cannot remove my husband's iPhone number from the "You can be reached at" even though I have it unchecked and there is an email address. I would love to at least switch out the phone number with mine, but can't seem to figure it out. I don't even lnow how his number became affiliated with the iPods.
    Good luck and Welcome to iMore.
    03-24-2014 11:07 AM
    Follow this link to Apple and you can set up individual Apple IDs.

Set up an Apple ID - Settings - iPhone Basics - Apple Support
    In addition, I used to have it to where my kids had their own Apple ID for email, messaging, FaceTime, etc, but we all shared an Apple ID specifically for purchases. That way, I could keep track of what they were purchasing and downloading. Having said that, logout of iMessage, FaceTime and iCloud (if applicable) on your kids' iPods, and then follow the directions above to create and Apple ID for each of them to use. You can even set it in the restrictions to where they cannot change the account. They will each maintain a form of privacy and no one's messages, email, etcetera, will get displayed on the other's device.
    Jaguarr40 and tpiver like this.
    03-24-2014 11:24 AM
    In addition, I used to have it to where my kids had their own Apple ID for email, messaging, FaceTime, etc, but we all shared an Apple ID specifically for purchases. That way, I could keep track of what they were purchasing and downloading. Having said that, logout of iMessage, FaceTime and iCloud (if applicable) on your kids' iPods, and then follow the directions above to create and Apple ID for each of them to use. You can even set it in the restrictions to where they cannot change the account. They will each maintain a form of privacy and no one's messages, email, etcetera, will get displayed on the other's device.
    A very wise idea depending on the ages of your kids of course, It might be good to also create as 'D mentioned one extra Apple ID besides their own to keep track of things.
    03-24-2014 11:31 AM