iBooks sync problem

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
For some reason my place is not saved across devices (iPad, iPhone) when I close the app. I have sync collections and bookmarks set but after the recent IOS update it doesn't work like it did before. If I was reading a book on my iPhone and stopped then opened the book on my iPad it would open to the same page I was on my iPhone.
Any ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Reboot your devices
2. Reset Network settings
3. If you updated OTA, delete iBooks from your devices and then re-install it.

Hopefully, one of the above will help.

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I've decided to go wtih Bluefire ebook reader app. It syncs the page location and bookmarks effortlessly without any setup. I don't buy books from iTunes I mostly just load epub files to my devices so this one works great.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That is good news and happy to hear you resolved the issue all on your own. See how it can go when you take time to check it out on your own, We are happy we were given the chance to at least try and help you.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Glad you found a resolution but I'm sure iBooks would of worked if you rebooted your phone. That's what I did to get mine to work.

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I finally got it working I think, I deleted the app from both my iPad and iPhone shut the devices off and restarted and put the app back on. For now the page sync problem I was having before is not showing so we'll wait and see.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2