iBooks speed

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
has anyone got an answer to the dreadfully slow opening of the iBooks app ? on my iphone 3gs it was ok on my iphone 4 it has always been slow to open and slow to turn
pages. I am using an iphone 4 on
6.1.3 and realise fully that iBooks will have been optimised for ios7 which accounts for even worse recent performance, but why should an apple app be so crap in the first place ? None of my other readers is so bad ( kindle app, bluefire etc) even the useless kobo( deleted)was
faster. Is there any way to fix this ?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I had the iBooks app installed, I didn't notice the the slow opening speed.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would say it has a good deal to do what you say you are running it on an iPhone 4 running an old OS and on top of that depending on the size of the books also it is going to be slow to load them.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
10-15 secs to open
1.5-1.75 mins to open a book in library
1 min to store ikon moving at all+1min to open lists properly !

jaguar, it was slow when 6.1.3 was
current.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I understand that but face what you have and realize what books you have in the app I don't know about but it is the size. I have a book on the Beatles and several Sherlock Holmes books but I have a 5S on IOS 7.1 and it opens right away. Do the math. Considering what you wrote that is normal for your setup.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
ok, I'll just have to accept that its a
second rate app then, I've tried
bluefire and the kindle app a couple
of minutes ago and they both open and are readable in under forty seconds. I honestly thought it might
be fixable !

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have several books in iBooks on my 5S...mine is almost instantaneous. Books also open (even large illustrated books) within a couple of seconds at most. There's nothing second rate about it at all...you're simply using old technology to use the tool. You can't expect optimal performance on a phone approaching 4 years old. By tech terms, the iPhone 4 is a dinosaur.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox