what's eating up all of my data?

I

iMore Question

Since October I've had an issue where when I have data turned on, my battery starts draining very quickly and my data usage skyrockets. The phone also gets pretty hot during all of this. There are transfers of at least 500 kb/s as soon as I turn on data and check the network usage logs. Even with every app closed data is still being used, so I'm led to believe it is a tweak that is causing the problem. Here's what I have installed:

Activator
AppCent
AskToCall
Auxo
Bars
BatteryDoctorPro
biteSMS
BytaFont
Color Keyboard
f.lux
FastBlurredNotificationCenter
Flex 2
FolderEnhancer
GlyphPatch
iCleaner Pro
iFile
JellyLock
Live Battery Indicator
Nitrous
OpenSSH
PrivaCy
Safari Download Enabler
SelectiveReading
ShowCase
Springtomize 2
SSL Patch
SwipeShiftCaret
WinterBoard

I'm using an iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1. Does anyone know if any of these tweaks are known to cause problems? Otherwise what's eating up all of my data? Thanks a lot!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. It's been 2 days since you've posted about the problem you're having. Have YOU found a solution?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Do any of those tweaks above have background 'usage statistics' or other 'data auto send' functions ticked?

I've got the below tweaks that are the same as yours on either one of, or both of, my iPad and iPhone and none of them have caused a data spike at all. None of the tweaks below cause any problems, nor are there any reported with 6.1, which I had on my iPhone (iPad on 7.0.4).

Activator
Auxo
biteSMS
f.lux
FastBlurredNotificationCenter
FolderEnhancer
Nitrous
Springtomize 2
WinterBoard

anthonyjr2

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I accidentally posted another one of these, this site confused me. Anyway I don't have any of those options ticked and I still don't know what's eating my data. This is really frustrating and it's been happening since October.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods