I'm under the impression that the best smartphone is the one that works best for you, but apparently some people seem to think that the phone they use should be used by everyone because they deem it to be the absolute best. We've all read posts where a person proudly lists the specs of his or her device and brags about what it can do and then gets ticked off when others are not as impressed, and opts to keep using a device that he or she has deemed obsolete by comparison. Having said that, is there an absolute best smartphone? If so, which make and model is it?
    nikkisharif likes this.
    03-21-2014 10:18 PM
    All have flaws...all have perks. You are 100% right in that there can be a best "for you", but there simply isn't a general "best".
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    03-21-2014 10:20 PM
    There is none. It all depends on preference, not just specs.
    03-21-2014 10:21 PM
    I agree with y'all! Its all depends on what works for you....but I must admit I take much joy in telling certain family members that my iPhone is the best because they get so upset and act like their life is going to end
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-22-2014 12:50 AM
    Nope. There is not a "best" smartphone. It is all based on your personal needs and preferences.
    03-22-2014 12:55 AM
    Yes there is. The absolute best smartphone is the one that works best for you. Forget the specs and the hype. Use what works for you. It's that simple.
    03-22-2014 01:15 AM
    Well, just when one perfect smartphone arrives, it's going to cost a million bucks and all of the sudden the budget phone market gains a dozen more customers per second...
    03-22-2014 01:36 AM
    If the only thing you're comparing is hardware specs, then sure, I suppose you could say the phone with the fast processor, highest resolution and largest display, and most RAM could be considered the best. But since a smartphone is equal parts hardware (easily quantifiable) and software (more subjective), it's going to be the user experience created by this combination and a person's own preferences and expectations of a smartphone, that would define what is best. And like many of you here have said, the best phone is the one that suits your own needs, and that is not going to be the same for everyone.
    03-22-2014 02:31 AM
    I agree with JustMe. It's all personal preference and need. I have used a lot of different phones just because I like to see what else is out there. I tend to always have my iPhone though. That's the constant. I also recommend iPhone to most people that ask for my opinion, but if I think something else might be better for someone then I would say so. Specs are certainly not everything to your average user. Of course there are those that think that is all that matters. Again, it's the individual preference that matters.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-22-2014 08:26 AM
    Well, there are certainly "some of the best" smartphones out there. In the past several years the iphone has really gotten some awesome competition. In the end, that's great for consumers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-22-2014 08:39 AM