Why can't I shrink my wallpaper picture to fit the ipad screen?

I

iMore Question

Why can,t I shrink my wallpaper picture to fit the ipad screen? I tried reduce motion, and it did not help.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Reducing motion wouldn't help...it has no relevance to the size of the picture itself when applied to the iPad.

As far as adjusting size on the iPad, you can always zoom in, but shrinking is something you have to do before even syncing it TO the iPad...there are precise dimensions online for every iPad on the market, find yours, and make the picture appropriately sized. It's really not that difficult. The iPad WILL adjust the size down a bit to try and accommodate it, but it's only going to do this to a certain point and then it expects you to actually put some effort into finding the right sized picture anyways.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Why can,t I shrink my wallpaper picture to fit the ipad screen? I tried reduce motion, and it did not help.
Simple question with a link to an easy answer and by the way Sean mentioned sizes of every iPad, If you use the link I gave you, It will give you the correct sized needed.

Joe Troutwine

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
How about apple not be so stupid and simply allow me to pinch and zoom the aspect ratio that I want when I go to select a wallpaper. Gee that seems to easy now doesn't it ???

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
How about apple not be so stupid and simply allow me to pinch and zoom the aspect ratio that I want when I go to select a wallpaper. Gee that seems to easy now doesn't it ???

Agreed. This has always frustrated me. It wasn't a frustration I had to through on blackberry or android. Hopefully Apple changes their stance on this someday.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. This has always frustrated me. It wasn't a frustration I had to through on blackberry or android. Hopefully Apple changes their stance on this someday.

My suggestion would be to provide feedback to Apple:

Apple - iPhone - Feedback

Joe Troutwine

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
If you are up-to-date with iOS then when selecting Wallpaper, you should have the option of turning 'perspective zoom' off.

O.S. is updated and perspective zoom is a useless feature. I have tried using that with different wallpapers numerous times over the course of owning it. Also found an app that claims to fix this issue. But it costs me a dollar?? Really?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Most use a square aspect ratio of 1024x1024 resolution for iPad because it can be turned to portrait or landscape. Maybe 2048x2048 for retina.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR