How can I spy on my son's iPod?

Ali365Dash

Banned
Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
If you mean his location and stuff like that, I suggest Lookout. If you want to look at the screen itself, try Reflector. It costs money but you can use the free trial instead.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Why not man up and be an actual parent and talk to him about what's concerning you instead of being shady, which does nothing but cause strife?

Well, you have a great point but using the tech trix to spy does sound kinda fun. 😋

via the tablet

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Let's not judge. The OP may already have spoken to his son and still need to MONITOR, that sounds better, yes... monitor his son's 'pod.

via the phone

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Let's not judge. The OP may already have spoken to his son and still need to MONITOR, that sounds better, yes... monitor his son's 'pod.

via the phone

Sorry, but I'm going to judge away. What's the point of spying on a kid? This is a conversation I had with my brother (who has 4 kids) a couple of years ago when a similar curiosity came to his brain and his son's both had an iPod Touch. These are your children...if you're curious what they are looking at or what they are getting into on these devices, go ask to see the device and look at it WITH them...if there is something inappropriate or what you consider wrong, talk to the kid about it, don't sit and spy on them.

This anti-social approach is such a hilarious thing to me. Adults taking childish tactics against CHILDREN...really? If my son or daughter wanted a device that was capable of the things that iPhones/iPads/iPods are capable of...they're also going to have the understanding that privacy is something you earn, not something you're entitled to, and that as a child, I'm privy to ANYTHING that is happening in their world...from a simple text message to what kind of living environment their friends exist in.

"How can I spy on my son?"...it's a cowards move. And if a child does something that needs monitoring in such a way, remove the outlet or limit the outlet.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

via the phone

I'm gonna disagree somewhat. You may not always be physically close to the kid and the technology. I have cameras in my home that let me see my kids when I'm away. Some may call that spying and the 14 year old is watching the 4-year old. The principle is the same. I used to 'monitor' my stepdaughters laptop while I was at work and she was home. It sounds like you may be suggesting that I shouldn't do that and instead wait until I came home and make surprise inspections or something. She finally learned to behave BECAUSE she thought I might be watching since the preferable reasons were not enough for her. Now, she's a kid, but you can't always be physically on top of them. An iPod? I wouldn't bother with that too much but I don't know the kid or the situation.

via the phone

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna disagree somewhat. You may not always be physically close to the kid and the technology. I have cameras in my home that let me see my kids when I'm away. Some may call that spying and the 14 year old is watching the 4-year old. The principle is the same. I used to 'monitor' my stepdaughters laptop while I was at work and she was home. It sounds like you may be suggesting that I shouldn't do that and instead wait until I came home and make surprise inspections or something. She finally learned to behave BECAUSE she thought I might be watching since the preferable reasons were not enough for her. Now, she's a kid, but you can't always be physically on top of them. An iPod? I wouldn't bother with that too much but I don't know the kid or the situation.

via the phone

I don't think there's any issue with adults monitoring kids devices...in fact, if you look at my post, it kind of implied that by saying that a parent is privy to anything their child is doing...not just on the devices, but with ANYTHING really. I think you have every right to remotely monitor anything you want...camera system, computers, etc...you name it, that is your right.

But here's the kicker...the OP specifically said "How do I spy on my son?" This is a different scenario...and let's be honest, with all the idiocy we see in this sub-forum, what's the difference between asking this and asking "How do I spy on my wife?" or "How do I spy on my employees?" There's really none. It's the principal...and the defined difference between a parent who is monitoring their child, and a parent who wants to spy on their child.

And we may hold different ideas on how such things should play out...I'm more of a direct approach kind of person. If I think something is wrong, I don't hem haw...perhaps it comes from being a cop, but I like to think that direct access is a right of any parent when it comes to their children, but I also like to think that an adult of any kind (parent or not) would be intelligent and mature enough to consider "spying" on people a bit silly (in this type of situation)...when there are so many other options.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Spying

I don't think there's any issue with adults monitoring kids devices...in fact, if you look at my post, it kind of implied that by saying that a parent is privy to anything their child is doing...not just on the devices, but with ANYTHING really. I think you have every right to remotely monitor anything you want...camera system, computers, etc...you name it, that is your right.

But here's the kicker...the OP specifically said "How do I spy on my son?" This is a different scenario...and let's be honest, with all the idiocy we see in this sub-forum, what's the difference between asking this and asking "How do I spy on my wife?" or "How do I spy on my employees?" There's really none. It's the principal...and the defined difference between a parent who is monitoring their child, and a parent who wants to spy on their child.

And we may hold different ideas on how such things should play out...I'm more of a direct approach kind of person. If I think something is wrong, I don't hem haw...perhaps it comes from being a cop, but I like to think that direct access is a right of any parent when it comes to their children, but I also like to think that an adult of any kind (parent or not) would be intelligent and mature enough to consider "spying" on people a bit silly (in this type of situation)...when there are so many other options.

Yeah. I don't like the idea of 'spying'. Spying implies watching someone or something you don't have the right to be watching for whatever reason and THAT is the word the OP Used. I guess I inferred they meant 'monitoring' because they were speaking about their kid. The fact we haven't heard back from the OP in all this time IS somewhat telling and curious.

via the tablet

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I'm going to judge away. What's the point of spying on a kid? This is a conversation I had with my brother (who has 4 kids) a couple of years ago when a similar curiosity came to his brain and his son's both had an iPod Touch. These are your children...if you're curious what they are looking at or what they are getting into on these devices, go ask to see the device and look at it WITH them...if there is something inappropriate or what you consider wrong, talk to the kid about it, don't sit and spy on them.

This anti-social approach is such a hilarious thing to me. Adults taking childish tactics against CHILDREN...really? If my son or daughter wanted a device that was capable of the things that iPhones/iPads/iPods are capable of...they're also going to have the understanding that privacy is something you earn, not something you're entitled to, and that as a child, I'm privy to ANYTHING that is happening in their world...from a simple text message to what kind of living environment their friends exist in.

"How can I spy on my son?"...it's a cowards move. And if a child does something that needs monitoring in such a way, remove the outlet or limit the outlet.

"Ask to see the device"? Oh heck no! I'm not asking for jack! My kids know that they have no absolute privacy rights in our home. Period. I will go through everything they have, if necessary, and they know it because we've made it crystal clear....lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
"Ask to see the device"? Oh heck no! I'm not asking for jack! My kids know that they have no absolute privacy rights in our home. Period. I will go through everything they have, if necessary, and they know it because we've made it crystal clear....lol

Oh no doubt...I was more speaking on the difference between monitoring something outside of the box and directly looking IN the box (so to speak). Parents don't have to ASK anything, lol! (though these days, that seems to be a totally different world...parents should never fear their children, but it seems to be exactly what happens now days).

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, you can't even spank your kids now adays without it being considered 'child abuse' by the authorities it seems so I wonder how we got here.

Sent from my MF003LL/A 🔘

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
You can lock content from entering his ipad and hide icons on him but you cannot see exactly what he is doing unless it's all on the browser and you check his history.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234