Factory Reset a locked iPhone 4s

dkp23

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Anybody know how to factory rest an iphone 4s that is locked and dont have a passcode?

The device has never been synced to itunes, we do not have access to profile that the former user used. We can not get in contact with the former user to get the passcode.

I work for a company and an employee left and returned the 4s with a passcode, we need to issue to somebody else, but can not find a way to factory reset since itunes requires a passcode

Also, no way to remote wipe since we dont have access to the profile.

Blackberries, resets if you enter the wrong pw multiple times. I believe windows phones has a factory reset button combination, does ios/iphone have a similar function to reset a locked phone?

Help appreciated.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
iOS also has a similar feature if it was toggled on that would erase all data after 10 tries but it's set at off by default

Never the less if the Find my phone feature was enabled even a full erase will not allow you to gain access to the device without the original Apple ID and password if the device is running post 7.0

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
With all that said we Welcome you to iMore and we are always skeptical about new members who pose the bypass question as there first post but I can see how this might happen but find it difficult to believe you can't contact your former co-worker about this matter

Have a great day

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

dkp23

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes, we dont have the apple id of the user.

So what are our options, i guess we can try the 10 try thing, if not, what other methods is there?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You really have no options...without the password, the phone is simply secured as designed, and there's no way around it. Unfortunately, without access to the previous owner, you have an expensive paper weight.