Siri on Ipad and Ipod

I

iMore Question

I want to get Siri working on both my Ipad, iPhone and iPod

I have looked everywhere and cannot find this ap on the pod, phone or pad.

Do I have to load anything down as I understood that it is automatically included in the software provided

Can you help me get it running please

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
As long as it is activated in the Settings, you press and HOLD the Home button to use Siri.

Settings > General > Siri > make sure the selector button is Green.

FurryFred

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Tried that but there is no trace of Siri in any of the devices under Settings - General whatsoever

i have tried holding the Home button on all

phone- states Voice Control - and then dials a foreign numbers I have NEVER used

ipod - no action

ipad - no action

Any further ideas as it appears not to be installed on any of the devices

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Siri is available on the iPhone 4S & up, iPad 3 & up, iPad mini & up, iPod touch 5th gen & up

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

FurryFred

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks - that explains my phone as I have an iPhone 4 -not quite as advanced as the 4S

However that does not explain the iPod - 3.1 or the iPad

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would look under your General Settings again because IF you have a qualifying iPad and iPod then SIRI will be there and you can toggle it on or if on just holding the home button for aout 2-3 secs will start SIRI and hear his/her voice - Whatever it is set at that you can change later.

superipad99

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi what version of iPod and iPad do you have because if you have a iPad 2 or original iPad you cant get siri on it without a jailbreak tweek and if you have a iPod I think only iPod 5th gens
get siri but I am not sure. If your device dosn't have siri compatibility you can still get siri as long as you jailbreak and I will include a link on what jailbreaking is and how to do it and how to install siri on it once you have a jailbreak. But if you have recently upgraded to ios 7.1 you currently get a jailbreak. here is the video on how to jailbrreak.(How to jailbreak iOS 7 with Evasi0n7! - YouTube) and here is a video on how to installl siri once jailbroken. PS in this video its using iOS 6 firmware but it doesnt matter siri will still work.(How To Install Siri on iOS 6/6.0.1/6.1/6.1.2/6.1.3/6.1.5 on iPhone4/3GS iPod 4G & iPad 2 - YouTube) Hope this helped.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods