My son is going out of country in a few weeks and I know there is a way to only use the iPhone in Wifi areas. I believe it involves turning off cellular data and putting it in Airplane mode when in a non-Wifi area. Is there anything else he should turn off so he does not get get call or data charges. Can he use voicemail when in WiFi?
    03-14-2014 07:03 AM
    If you put the phone in Airplane mode, it will shut it off to any cellular connection...this would be the optimal, and encompassing choice. Airplane mode allows for WiFi connections.

To add...Visual Voicemail only works over cellular. You can, however, access your voicemails by calling your own phone number and when the voicemail picks up, pressing the star key and entering your password. This gives you old school access to your voicemail (both new and saved).
    Last edited by SeanHRCC; 03-14-2014 at 08:14 AM.
    03-14-2014 08:03 AM
    I can't recall the setting on the iPhone 3GS, but if there's a "restrictions" settings then you can disable "Cellular Data Use" . As for as using voicemail via Wi-Fi, that will depend on the service used. Google Voice, etcetera.
    03-14-2014 08:04 AM