I tried to update the software on my iPad 3. It was slow and got hung-up. I reset the iPad and all that comes up is an iTunes logo with a plug indicating that I should connect to iTunes. I did that, and got a message that a device in "Recovery Mode" is attempting to connect to iTunes, but must be "Restored."

I have tried everything to reset the iPad so it works, to no avail. Please help me!!! Please tell me that I do NOT need to restore it to factory settings - I will lose a bunch of apps and it will be a huge pain in my rear.
    03-13-2014 07:46 PM
    Sorry, but you need to restore it in order for it to be functional again. You will retain all of your purchased apps, but you will need to download them again. Hopefully, you saved a backup so the process can be easier.
    03-13-2014 08:26 PM
    I tried to update the software on my iPad 3. It was slow and got hung-up. I reset the iPad and all that comes up is an iTunes logo with a plug indicating that I should connect to iTunes. I did that, and got a message that a device in "Recovery Mode" is attempting to connect to iTunes, but must be "Restored."

I have tried everything to reset the iPad so it works, to no avail. Please help me!!! Please tell me that I do NOT need to restore it to factory settings - I will lose a bunch of apps and it will be a huge pain in my rear.
    I cannot be in recovery mode as opposed to DFU meaning Device Firmware Update which starts with a black screen, if you have the plug you held it too long and need to start over.

Once you have it in DFU mode
    How to put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode | iMore
    You can then plug it into iTunes and reinstall a new complete version of software.
    03-13-2014 09:06 PM

Simple solution would be to restore and load from back up .. If you want try googling how to get out of recovery mode .. It is possible

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    03-14-2014 03:52 AM
    Try tiny umbrella , it's an fantastic app for windows and I was able to recover my iPad after a similar situation
    03-21-2014 11:01 AM