iPhone 5C with damaged Lightning port

Lenin17301

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I bought on November an iPhone 5C on the Apple Store at the Galleria in Ft. Lauderdale, while on vacation there, about 2-3 weeks later, when I was back on my home country (Venezuela) the phone started giving me the "unauthorized accessory" with the original Lighting cable included on the packaging, and eventually the phone's port stopped working altogether, and it became unable to sinc to iTunes or charge while on, only charging while off. I tried update via OTA but the problem remained, which leads me to believe is a hardware issue. If anybody here had that problem and was able to fix it via Software please let me know how you did it, or if my only choice is to return it, I would like to know if that's possible, I would like to know the procedure with Apple to get a new 5C, of course if that's even possible seeing I'm not on the US physically.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
First off NO hardware issue will be fixed with a software situation. If YOU damaged the hardware being lightning / Charging port you have one choice and that is get it fixed yourself at an Apple store or Apple itself and pay for it. The only hope is if you bought insurance on it like Applecare + then you might have it replaced for nothing. Deal direct with Apple on this one.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that's what I figured, I think this November I'll go the US again, I'll drop by the Apple Store and see what they can do.

I'd call Apple Support and they'll look up by serial number how long you've has the phone. I believe you don't need to return the US to have it fixed. If it's under warranty and can be fixed at an Apple Store than you can have done in country where you live.

Apple doesn't have franchises. My sister had Apple Care and had just got her iPhone 5 when it launched. She was in London a week later and the camera just stopped working. She found an Apple Store and they took care of it. Can't remember if she got a new phone and put her US Verizon SIM in it or if they just fixed the camera though. Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure if it's under warranty then you can get it fixed at any Apple Store unless it requires sending it to Apple.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW