Company phone used for tracking location

I

iMore Question

I have a company issued Iphone 4S. It currently is under the company apple id, which I don't have the password to, and the find my phone app is installed but does not show up in the apps. I am wondering, if I turn off the location services, can my phone still be tracked by the company?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Most definitely...though I would question whether find my iPhone is even on the device if the app isn't there. There are ways to hide it, so it's not a guarantee they aren't using it just because it's missing.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Company owns the device - they have the right to track it.

If there are times you don't want to be found, get yourself a "Faraday-cage" bag big enough for the phone and you won't be bothered by anything...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Most definitely...though I would question whether find my iPhone is even on the device if the app isn't there. There are ways to hide it, so it's not a guarantee they aren't using it just because it's missing.

The app allows you to view the location of your iOS devices on the map. As well as lock, wipe, and play sounds from a lost device. Every iOS device has the "Find my iPhone" setting in settings for iCloud.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2