Black tint across the top of my lock screen and wallpaper

U

Unregistered

So I just updates for 7.1 and I noticed that I had this tint on the upper part of my screen. Reduce motion is turned off. I still don't get it. It's still there and it's bumming me out a lot.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem also but only with one wallpaper. I figured it had something to do with 7.1.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

KarenzKritterz5c

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I have the same thing, but I notice that it's on pictures that I've taken and on some free wallpapers that I use. It doesn't seem to matter whether the Perspective Zoom is on or off. Just another nail in Apple's coffin for me. I am waiting for my new LG Flex to come in, and I KNOW it won't have as many glitches as iPhones do, whatever the model is. Apple needs to start listening to their customers. I won't be holding my breath for that.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well since ALL 4 of you have the same issue , Can you all include and upload a screenshot for us to look it. At least a few of you should be able to upload a screenshot.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the same thing, but I notice that it's on pictures that I've taken and on some free wallpapers that I use. It doesn't seem to matter whether the Perspective Zoom is on or off. Just another nail in Apple's coffin for me. I am waiting for my new LG Flex to come in, and I KNOW it won't have as many glitches as iPhones do, whatever the model is. Apple needs to start listening to their customers. I won't be holding my breath for that.
OK you are new here with 3 posts and including this one we are trying to help you with:

http://forums.imore.com/ask-question/284100-no-dark-keyboard-ios-7-1-a.html

Why would you come here like this. Ask our help, Tell us about your new phone you are getting but bad mouth Apple about not listening to their Customers. Apple is famous and everyone the first thing they will tell you is how fantastic the Customer Service is. Are you really sure you want our help and go about it this way?

Last edited:

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Well since ALL 4 of you have the same issue , Can you all include and upload a screenshot for us to look it. At least a few of you should be able to upload a screenshot.

Here ya go. It's only with some wallpapers including some stock wallpapers.
daha5yne.jpg

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am truly sorry but I do not see any tint across the top of you screen on this wallpaper and thank you for the upload but i just can't see it. Can you mark it with Skitch or another program to point it out?

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I see where maybe the top and bottom might be a little darker, it's hard to tell. Are you sure that's not the color of the wallpaper?

No it's not the color of the wallpaper. The tint appeared after updating. The darker part begins at the top and ends under the time. Again, it's not on all wallpapers.

I'm glad it's not just my phone.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I am truly sorry but I do not see any tint across the top of you screen on this wallpaper and thank you for the upload but i just can't see it. Can you mark it with Skitch or another program to point it out?

No need to be sorry. Just showing what I was referring to. Also, it's not just us 4. I've seen this problem posted in the 7.1 bugs thread also.

I'll probably just go to the Apple store and ask them about it. It's not causing any problems...just irks me. LOL

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
No it's not the color of the wallpaper. The tint appeared after updating. The darker part begins at the top and ends under the time. Again, it's not on all wallpapers.

I'm glad it's not just my phone.

I hope you get it resolved. Good luck.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
No need to be sorry. Just showing what I was referring to. Also, it's not just us 4. I've seen this problem posted in the 7.1 bugs thread also.

I'll probably just go to the Apple store and ask them about it. It's not causing any problems...just irks me. LOL

Yeh thank you for the update, Glad it is only the WP and not the phone and I actually don't even see it on the WP but you ask Apple and best of luck to you. Thank you

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I talked with AppleCare and was told it was apart of the 7.1 update. Some wallpapers were darkened to make them look sharper. There's nothing wrong with the phone or software. I'm content with that.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I talked with AppleCare and was told it was apart of the 7.1 update. Some wallpapers were darkened to make them look sharper. There's nothing wrong with the phone or software. I'm content with that.

Well I am very happy to hear your issue is resolved. At least wrong or right you answered back so thanks.

warrant384

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I've tried it with a number of backgrounds and it only adds the tint when it's a color or shade that would make the clock hard to read. I'm fine with that but it also adds that to the home screen wallpaper where it's not necessary. I realize most people have icons there but I leave the first page of my home screen blank so I can actually SEE the pics on my background and put all my apps on the second page. Now if I want to see someone's face unaltered by this tint, their face has to be in the center of the screen. Obviously the phone still works fine but it's very annoying seeing a shadow over faces and the rest looks normal. And that tint on the home screen IS new to this update

toph toyosaki

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
are you serious? i can give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that your eyesight is poor and/or your monitor needs replacing but you really seem to be "blinded" by brand loyalty. either way, the top 1/3 of that image is CLEARLY darker than the middle. i find it very difficult to believe you think the yellow in the middle of the image does not get darker as you go up. it's so evident.

no it's not a big issue. it's an annoyance. but i really doubt your sincerity when you say you can't see it. sorry.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
are you serious? i can give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that your eyesight is poor and/or your monitor needs replacing but you really seem to be "blinded" by brand loyalty. either way, the top 1/3 of that image is CLEARLY darker than the middle. i find it very difficult to believe you think the yellow in the middle of the image does not get darker as you go up. it's so evident.

no it's not a big issue. it's an annoyance. but i really doubt your sincerity when you say you can't see it. sorry.

While I agree with what you've said, I don't think it's brand loyalty. I think he just can't see it. No big deal. I don't think anyone expected him to fix the issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods