iOS 7.1 Calendar Alerts Bug

I

iMore Question

Has anyone else experienced the inability to set a calendar alert and have it not reset?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No. After reading your post, I created a test calendar event and set a time and an alert. At the correct time, I was properly alerted. Afterwards, i successfully edited the event by setting the alert to the way I had prior to setting the event without any problems whatsoever.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced the inability to set a calendar alert and have it not reset?

I was able to do a test as well. To clarify your question:

Do you mean you are not getting alerts?

You can't setup new calendar appts in the app?

Do you mean you can't make changes to the Calendar settings in the General settings of the phone itself?

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

Dry4ng

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm using calendar of my gmail account configured on default iOS Mail app and I have this issue as well. 100% reproducible:
  1. Set first and second alerts and save the event
  2. Click on event in calendar ? alert time resets to "At time of event"
I have to repeat steps 1 and 2 several times before it stops resetting.

P.S. If you feel the urgent need to suggest the reset to factory defaults ? please don't.

rhograin

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
When I set up an event in iphone 6 calendar I set the first alert for "one day before," then the second alert for "2 hours before." As soon as I click "done," the alerts switch places. If I don't fix them, i don't get both alerts, so I click edit, fix them, then click "done." As soon as I click done again, they switch again! I have to do this several times before it will stay correct when I click done. I have even tried setting the secondary alert first. Even after all this, sometimes later when I go back into an event, the alerts are switched again. I thought maybe w/one of the recent Apple updates they would fix this, but no. Another recession product!