Verizon or AT&T?

I

iMore Question

I'm about to get my first iPhone, which would also be my first smartphone. Until now I've had "dumb phones", mostly flip-phones. I currently have Verzion, but heard AT&T might be better for iPhone services (talk and Internet at the same time). I'm also planning a trip to Europe in October, so which would be better overseas? And which has a better coverage area in the USA?

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
On att you are able to browse internet an talk at same time on Verizon you can't do this with iPhone. Here in US Verizon has most coverage as well I think att speeds are faster though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm about to get my first iPhone, which would also be my first smartphone. Until now I've had "dumb phones", mostly flip-phones. I currently have Verzion, but heard AT&T might be better for iPhone services (talk and Internet at the same time). I'm also planning a trip to Europe in October, so which would be better overseas? And which has a better coverage area in the USA?

You'd have to be more specific about where in the US you are located. Verizon has solid service all over, but is more expensive. AT&T is less expensive and has less overall coverage, but you may find that where you are located AT&T is great.

As for Europe, both companies will have calling and data plans you can purchase ahead of time for the days you are there. You'd have to call and ask them. It's always expensive. I'd limit calls and only use data while on WiFi.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

EPJS

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I live in New York. And how easy would it be to pop in a 3rd-party sim when in Europe to avoid the expensive international charges?

(I forgot to log in before posting the question, I'm "iMore Question")

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
AT&T has always been solid in my experience and they offer a great selection of handsets.

{iRiidium} Technophile. 2 of 4 

EPJS

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
It's easy to pop in a sim assuming it is unlocked. The Verizon sim slot is always unlocked due to legal reasons (they were forced to do so by the FCC as a condition of a spectrum auction). If you pay full price rather than subsidized, the att phone will also be unlocked. Then you can just pop in a new sim while in Europe. This will definitely give you 3G speeds. LTE may not work everywhere because the LTE bands may be different than the US.

Thanks. Since the Verizon iPhone has an unlocked sim, would it also work on AT&T and T-Mobile?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 5, 5s, and 5c from Verizon should be factory unlocked. A lot of people say they are compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile.

Sent from one of my toys using Tapatalk.

EPJS

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 5, 5s, and 5c from Verizon should be factory unlocked. A lot of people say they are compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile.

Sent from one of my toys using Tapatalk.

Awesome, so overall the Verizon phone is the best one to get. Not only will it work with overseas sims in Europe, but if I decide to switch to AT&T or T-Mobile, it should work fine? That's good to know, I think I made my decision. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner