While restoring, neither the restore or cancel button is working.

I

iMore Question

I am having trouble with my iphone's call feature specifically voicemail which is frozen. I'm trying to do a restore on the phone, I've done all the updates, backed up the phone's content, synced it etc. but when I finally got to the apple request that reads "Are you sure you want to restore your phone to its factory settings?..." its stuck and neither the restore nor the cancel button is working. Can you assist?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you have a computer that has an internet connection, download the latest version of iTunes and then put your device in DFU Mode, connect it to your computer, initiate the iTunes app, and when iTunes recognizes the device in recovery, select to restore it. Afterwards, set it up as a new device.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you have a computer that has an internet connection, download the latest version of iTunes and then put your device in DFU Mode, connect it to your computer, initiate the iTunes app, and when iTunes recognizes the device in recovery, select to restore it. Afterwards, set it up as a new device.
Missed you by secs...:)