Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out what sort of iPhone/carrier i would need for use in Africa. I'll just buy a sim card when I get there but I need to know which phones are locked vs. unlocked. I'll probably just buy a used on but I need to make sure it's going to work. Once I get back to the states it's not a big deal if it works or not.

M
    03-09-2014 12:38 AM
    If you are not going to buy a SIM until you get there then wait and go to a carrier until you find the right one that will work as long as the phone is unlocked of course.
    If you are buying it from a carrier here and paying full retail most likely it will be unlocked and if not ask them to make sure it is.
    03-09-2014 09:32 AM
    Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out what sort of iPhone/carrier i would need for use in Africa. I'll just buy a sim card when I get there but I need to know which phones are locked vs. unlocked. I'll probably just buy a used on but I need to make sure it's going to work. Once I get back to the states it's not a big deal if it works or not.

M
    Factory unlocked (not verizon or sprint unlocked) iPhone 4S or unlocked GSM iPhone 5 would work for you.

Always go with GSM phones for global use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-09-2014 01:12 PM