iPhone for international use

I

iMore Question

Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out what sort of iPhone/carrier i would need for use in Africa. I'll just buy a sim card when I get there but I need to know which phones are locked vs. unlocked. I'll probably just buy a used on but I need to make sure it's going to work. Once I get back to the states it's not a big deal if it works or not.

M

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you are not going to buy a SIM until you get there then wait and go to a carrier until you find the right one that will work as long as the phone is unlocked of course.
If you are buying it from a carrier here and paying full retail most likely it will be unlocked and if not ask them to make sure it is.

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out what sort of iPhone/carrier i would need for use in Africa. I'll just buy a sim card when I get there but I need to know which phones are locked vs. unlocked. I'll probably just buy a used on but I need to make sure it's going to work. Once I get back to the states it's not a big deal if it works or not.

M

Factory unlocked (not verizon or sprint unlocked) iPhone 4S or unlocked GSM iPhone 5 would work for you.

Always go with GSM phones for global use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77