I bought a iphone 4 on ebay, but it says icloud is locked. Can I get it removed or bypass it?

I

iMore Question

I bought a iphone 4 on ebay, but it says icloud is locked. Can I get it removed, or reset it. Or can I bypass it?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The only YES to all this if you can get the old Apple ID and password from who you bought it from so you can unlock it and make your own Apple ID and password. You can also file a complaint with PayPal which I am sure you used to pay got it, Otherwise toy ar stuck with it.

This is only the second of the same question here in 5 mins for the the same thing, When are people going to learn to ask questions from the seller before you lay out your money. We must get 20 of the questions or more a month asking the same thing.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The only YES to all this if you can get the old Apple ID and password from who you bought it from so you can unlock it and make your own Apple ID and password. You can also file a complaint with PayPal which I am sure you used to pay got it, Otherwise toy ar stuck with it.

This is only the second of the same question here in 5 mins for the the same thing, When are people going to learn to ask questions from the seller before you lay out your money. We must get 20 of the questions or more a month asking the same thing.

I think way more than 20 a month. I would safely say 6 at least per day.

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought a iphone 4 on ebay, but it says icloud is locked. Can I get it removed, or reset it. Or can I bypass it?

The seller can remove it from their iCloud account. If not, check if eBay has buyer protection on your purchase. If so you can get a refund or exchange from the seller in the first 45 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
The seller can remove it from their iCloud account. If not, check if eBay has buyer protection on your purchase. If so you can get a refund or exchange from the seller in the first 45 days.

eBay won't but PayPal does

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
eBay won't but PayPal does

eBay will, you can open a case in resolution center. But it all depends on the listing, of the seller didn't list activation lock it falls under the "item does not match description" which eBay will require the seller to issue a refund.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
eBay will, you can open a case in resolution center. But it all depends on the listing, of the seller didn't list activation lock it falls under the "item does not match description" which eBay will require the seller to issue a refund.

I have heard that ebay is very buyer friendly now. To the dislike of sellers...

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it's saved me multiple times. I'm a frequent seller too, and it's good because it forces sellers to be completely honest

Protection of buyers means more buyers, which makes sellers happy! This is from personal experience, my folks are now ebay-ers, and they weren't before!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Protection of buyers means more buyers, which makes sellers happy! This is from personal experience, my folks are now ebay-ers, and they weren't before!

Not me. I sold a legit phone and the buyer broke it, filed a PayPal complaint, WON that complaint and I was out $250 and was sent back a broken phone. I hate eBay and PayPal for that reason.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Local buyer or nothing.... To risky this day in age...

Just buy from Apple and save your self a lot of headaches...

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Not me. I sold a legit phone and the buyer broke it, filed a PayPal complaint, WON that complaint and I was out $250 and was sent back a broken phone. I hate eBay and PayPal for that reason.

Maybe video yourself putting the phone into a package, and handing it to the UPS guy going forward? Sucks about this guy, but just a thought going forward.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR