What makes more sense for me to get? The MacBook Pro or the MacBook Air?

I'm getting a new laptop for college and I'm not sure what my best option would be. I like the fact that the Air is lighter weight and apparently runs faster, but I've heard many good things about the Pro and I'm afraid that the Air won't be able to hold the amount of music and things that I need storage wise..

HELP!
    03-06-2014 12:44 PM
    The Air is not faster than the Pro. Not sure where you heard that although it would depend on exactly which models you were comparing. But for school, I'd say the portability and longer battery life of the Air will probably be worth the minor sacrifice in speed. Just get the Air with the hard drive size needed to fit your music. You can also always get an external drive for any MacBook if you have too much stuff.
    03-06-2014 12:57 PM
    I can't really answer which will make more sense for YOU to get...I can tell you this though, if you're just looking for a machine to cover the basic functions of a laptop, and you don't mind using external drives for major storage needs, get a Macbook Air. It'll be more than sufficient for what you ask for it.

If you're getting into something graphics intensive, or you think the work you will be doing would push a processor set hard, you might consider a Macbook Pro.
    03-06-2014 01:17 PM
    We need to know how you're going to be using it? graphics(photoshop, InDesign,Illustrator) or word processing and web surfing, etc. As for the holding your data you should have an external drive regardless if you're going to have important files on it for school. Then have Time Machine backup to the external. Get the hard drive capacity big enough for your needs.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s
    03-06-2014 02:49 PM
    The pro will probably last you longer in the sense of using it over time, plus it gives you the capabilities of doing more if you end up wanting more from your MacBook.
    If it's strictly school and you'll just be doing paper, surfing the web, etc, stick with the air and save some money.
    03-07-2014 12:14 AM
    03-07-2014 12:25 AM
    If its going to be your main computer, I say go with the Pro!
    03-07-2014 12:42 AM