Is there a way to attach that a contact on your iPhone while you're in open text? In other words, if someone texts me and asks me for someone's contact information how do I reply to their text message and just attached the contact to that reply message? I know you can cut and paste the information into the text message, but it is there an easier way where you can forward all the contact information?
    03-06-2014 08:14 AM
    Easiest way is to go to the Contacts app, select the contact and scroll to the bottom and you should see Share Contact. Then select Message (or Email).
    03-06-2014 09:57 AM
    Is there a way to attach that a contact on your iPhone while you're in open text? In other words, if someone texts me and asks me for someone's contact information how do I reply to their text message and just attached the contact to that reply message? I know you can cut and paste the information into the text message, but it is there an easier way where you can forward all the contact information?
    If you go to your Contacts and select the contact you want to send to the person you're currently chatting with, all you have to do is begin typing the person's name or phone number) and the contact card will ready to send in the current chat thread.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    03-06-2014 09:58 AM
    Sorry, neither one of these answers the question "from an OPEN message". I/they don't want to go to the Contacts screen, I/they want to do it directly from the Open Message?
    02-28-2017 12:52 PM
    Sorry, but that functionality is not available in the native Messages app.

You will need to follow the steps provided above.
    02-28-2017 09:01 PM
    Sorry, neither one of these answers the question "from an OPEN message". I/they don't want to go to the Contacts screen, I/they want to do it directly from the Open Message?
    Please keep in mind that this thread is literally three years old. That being said--and as @SwitchBeach also stated--that functionality simply doesn't exist in the native Messages app.
    02-28-2017 09:20 PM
    Hit the plus button and do so, or just make a screenshot
    03-04-2017 02:42 PM
    I literally just did this. I opened my contacts, and pressed the number of the person that I wanted to share Tula menu popped up. I selected copy, then returned to the open text and then pasted the number in.
    03-04-2017 04:10 PM
    I literally just did this. I opened my contacts, and pressed the number of the person that I wanted to share Tula menu popped up. I selected copy, then returned to the open text and then pasted the number in.
    I do that in recents on numbers I'm not familiar with, then go to Hiya app and check the number.
    03-04-2017 06:19 PM
    There's a keyboard app in iMessage called Contacts for iMessage that allows this now. Works wonders
    03-04-2017 08:24 PM
    There's a keyboard app in iMessage called Contacts for iMessage that allows this now. Works wonders
    Does it have the option to send the entire contact card, or just copy and paste one item at a time?
    03-05-2017 07:33 AM
    You can share an entire contact card without leaving the messages app. Go from the thread to the thread list. Choose a contact, tap the "i". Tap name. Scroll down to share contact. Share. Go back to thread.
    03-05-2017 07:38 AM
    Does it have the option to send the entire contact card, or just copy and paste one item at a time?
    You have to copy and paste. I thought you could send the entire card but it doesn't allow that.
    Last edited by nikkisharif; 03-05-2017 at 08:11 AM.
    03-05-2017 07:59 AM
    You have to copy and paste. I thought you could send the entire card but it doesn't allow that.
    Most would just want the number or email anyway. Still helpful. Thanks for sharing it.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    03-05-2017 08:16 AM
    Most would just want the number or email anyway. Still helpful. Thanks for sharing it.
    You're welcome
    03-05-2017 09:46 AM