Why is Apple so popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

numaan93

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
It seems a bit obvious, but would be interesting to see if everyone has the same views. What is it that seperates Apple from the rest? If there are any former BB users here, would be great to hear what you have to say in terms of comparisons.

Also, this is a quick survey that would REALLY help me for my university project. If it means digging into Blackberr, please, be my guest.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7C5KGPS

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just because somebody owns every single Apple iDevice known to man or Tim Cook means they or anyone else thinks it is the most popular ...LOL but then again when for the most part speaking for myself has been very lucky and has no trouble with any iPhone or iPod or iPad I have ever own -- Had no issues I am biased and love the product because I take care of it and it takes care of me.

I just love what it stands for, It is a stand up product and the biggest thing of all is their CS dept. is second to none.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone just works. I've had no problems. Dependability, quality built devices and they look great too.

numaan93

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Well I suppose if you go to any one region in the world and ask them to name a smartphone/tablet, they will probably say iphone/ipad. But then again, all popular means is high market share. Would be interesting to know whether you think there are certain features you feel work best on other devices?

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
For me its because it works, no matter what Apple product I may have owed, it has been there when I needed it.
so when it is time to upgrade, it's Apple.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I think Apple products are popular because many like their designs and the products tend to work well and be easy to use.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wanna know what Apple does really well? They make you feel like they care...care about what you think, care about how you like your product, care about what your product helps you with, car about how your product represents you while you own it. Do they actually care? I have no idea, but people feeling like they do is pretty much all that is required...if I feel a little more personality, effort and character is put into my iPhone, Macbook and iPad...why would I want a cold, lifeless piece of technology from someone else?

And that isn't even touching on how effortlessly and perfectly the stuff actually functions...or the treatment you get when something goes wrong (which is rare, but still happens).

I mean I have this awesome Samsung TV in my living room that I'm looking at right now. I love it because it's a nice TV, but honestly, that's all it is...a nice TV. Samsung doesn't present anything to me outside of the functionality I paid for, nor do I feel I have much in the way of direct assistance when something goes wrong. I'd just assume call Best Buy for warranty work than Samsung...that has NEVER happened with Apple...I feel like Apple is there waiting for me in case I need them...there's a lot to be said about that.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Short answer...It just works, Long answer....OUTSTANDING Marketing department, although they have been a little slow lately...SMILE

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
For me apple products are popular because they are cool.
Also if ever do get any problems with a device the apple customer service is legendary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
quality assurance products | different marketing and development strategies | outstanding service | ultimate and Really imagine designing products |
Totally User Friendly Operating Systems in iDevice & Mac Device( Nothing to say about complicated )
For me Apple were and now and will always Simply the Best

numaan93

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Wanna know what Apple does really well? They make you feel like they care...care about what you think, care about how you like your product, care about what your product helps you with, car about how your product represents you while you own it. Do they actually care? I have no idea, but people feeling like they do is pretty much all that is required...if I feel a little more personality, effort and character is put into my iPhone, Macbook and iPad...why would I want a cold, lifeless piece of technology from someone else?

And that isn't even touching on how effortlessly and perfectly the stuff actually functions...or the treatment you get when something goes wrong (which is rare, but still happens).

I mean I have this awesome Samsung TV in my living room that I'm looking at right now. I love it because it's a nice TV, but honestly, that's all it is...a nice TV. Samsung doesn't present anything to me outside of the functionality I paid for, nor do I feel I have much in the way of direct assistance when something goes wrong. I'd just assume call Best Buy for warranty work than Samsung...that has NEVER happened with Apple...I feel like Apple is there waiting for me in case I need them...there's a lot to be said about that.

Thanks for that. But you know what, that brings up an intersting points? What defines Apple, or indeed any other tech company as a success failure? Is it the people who work there (corporates/engineers), or is it the technology they have at their disposal? I'm sure there are people who are deceived by the sheer brilliance of the technology, that this alreadt brings them one step closer to the brand. Any thoughts on that?

numaan93

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
For me apple products are popular because they are cool.
Also if ever do get any problems with a device the apple customer service is legendary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Great products AND great customer service? Oh what Blackberry fans would do to have either? Apple seems to be head and shoulders above BB. But just out of interest, what do you personally value most, a great device, or great customer service? If you had to pick one?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that. But you know what, that brings up an intersting points? What defines Apple, or indeed any other tech company as a success failure? Is it the people who work there (corporates/engineers), or is it the technology they have at their disposal? I'm sure there are people who are deceived by the sheer brilliance of the technology, that this alreadt brings them one step closer to the brand. Any thoughts on that?

I think what defines any company (tech or not) as a success or failure is whether or not that company (or even individual) can find the balance which allows them to move/provide whichever product or service they are offering and maintain a level of positive exposure and feedback which maintains a customer base as well as future customer draw.

I mean any fly by night company can make something that people eat up over a short period of time. Tons of those companies exist, and they do the "hit and run" kind of business...quick success with no intention of maintenance of it. Apple has been able to find that biblical success quickly with certain devices and then they maintain it like no other company can (as I was discussing in my post above).

Success is defined by the long term ability to do what the company or individual has set out to do, and accomplishing this on a level that not only benefits the people buying/using the product or service, but also, the business or individual offering it. To me, that is the only way to define success.

Failure is easy. Look at Blackberry. A company that had tremendous success for so many years, but also refused to really step up the game and development to meet the new world of cellular phone consumer. They could do no wrong in the mid 00's...but the moves they were making weren't future proof...and now, they are failing. They have improved a TON...but they are failing.

numaan93

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I think what defines any company (tech or not) as a success or failure is whether or not that company (or even individual) can find the balance which allows them to move/provide whichever product or service they are offering and maintain a level of positive exposure and feedback which maintains a customer base as well as future customer draw.

I mean any fly by night company can make something that people eat up over a short period of time. Tons of those companies exist, and they do the "hit and run" kind of business...quick success with no intention of maintenance of it. Apple has been able to find that biblical success quickly with certain devices and then they maintain it like no other company can (as I was discussing in my post above).

Success is defined by the long term ability to do what the company or individual has set out to do, and accomplishing this on a level that not only benefits the people buying/using the product or service, but also, the business or individual offering it. To me, that is the only way to define success.

Failure is easy. Look at Blackberry. A company that had tremendous success for so many years, but also refused to really step up the game and development to meet the new world of cellular phone consumer. They could do no wrong in the mid 00's...but the moves they were making weren't future proof...and now, they are failing. They have improved a TON...but they are failing.

"Exposure" - I guess that's just another word for marketing. It's certainly been an issues in th UK (I can't speak for Europe/USA), but the amount of advertising Apple/Samsung do in the UK, particularly mainstream advertising (TV/Print) is substantial... especially compared to Blaclberry. Yes, Blackberry have made gradual strides over last 12 months, but compared to what's already in the market, I wouldn't even think it's worth spending millions upon millions 'exposing' your products. It's money down the drain if you ask me.

Here's the proposition for Blackberry: Enterprise Or Exit. I just don't see Blackberry clawing their way back into the consumer market. No matter what amount of exposure they have.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
My disappointment with Blackberry is that compared to the competition it just seems lacking.

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think Blackberry is under the impression that their name alone would create a boomerang effect on the market if they released what they should have put out 5 years ago. Unfortunately, they're realizing very quickly now that once the ship has sailed...it's difficult to catch up even a year behind. They were half a decade behind, so they are pretty much a sinking ship with no help in sight.

Like you said though, Enterprise COULD throw them a life raft in that it would focus their product line and it would benefit from the strong hold they've maintained over the last decade or so. I don't think it's much of a choice anymore, or whether they are going to or not...it's just a question of WHEN they will run the assets dry and their board will simply have no other choice. I don't think that is smart for them to do because year by year, they degrade the name...and eventually, it won't hold any clout at all, even in enterprise.

Speaking of exposure though...Apple certainly knows how to market. You could almost say that they use the "movie trailer" effect (as I've heard it called) to entice people to take notice...but the difference between Apple and so many companies is when people actually get the product, it's exactly what was shown in the marketing...and "it just works". This mentality has made it almost impossible for them to fall out of favor with consumers...not to say they can do no wrong, but even when they do have mishaps (IE: Apple Maps), people are willing to take that bit of negative function amongst the sea of optimal function...and they also know Apple will put heavy focus on it for future development and polish. In other words...they're like the guy who does so well at a company and works so hard...even when he slips up, he's still that reliable guy that everyone stands behind.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My iDevices work really well and I don't have to worry about issues very often. I also like the build quality and Apple's customer service. And if I have any issues, I can take it to my nearest Apple Store, which can't be done if I had a non-Apple device.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Apple is always popular because they always have made the most wondrous devices people want to play with just out of pure curiosity...

And this the popularity has ever grown to the point of great brand equity.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
My iDevices work really well and I don't have to worry about issues very often. I also like the build quality and Apple's customer service. And if I have any issues, I can take it to my nearest Apple Store, which can't be done if I had a non-Apple device.

Apple customer service is second to none, and is one the reasons Apple is so popular with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.