Deleted contacts are still available when I perform a spotlight search

I

iMore Question

I logged out of my iCloud, and gave permission to delete my contact off my mac. It didn't delete them, so I deleted them myself. They are gone out of my contact list, but when I go to search for an e-mail or start to write out an address it starts to auto populate addresses that were in my contacts, that no longer "exist" on my mac.

How can I remove this auto population of ghost e-mails?

Thank you!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If you start a email and the address of a removed contact that starts to auto populate. Let it. Then click on the small down arrow next to the address and select remove from previous recipients list. This will stop it from auto filling a removed contact in a email.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
And there is no easier way than that? I have hundreds of these things.
As easy an answer Ed provided to you which was easier than mine, If you want it done completely in one fell swoop then do what I suggested and you are done, It is up to you do decide what is the quickest way for you. You can't have both so make a decision and stick with it.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What I might recommend yo do since you are this new and have a warranty i would call Apple tech support for MAC and ask them to help you, They are very good at CS and helping you out being new to Apple or MAC.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner