Hey there I'm looking at buying a iphone and I'm wondering is the iPhone 4S a good phone yet as it's getting older
    Thanx I'm coming over from a lumia 625 so a big screen size difference from 4.7" to 3.5" to 4"
    03-04-2014 08:07 PM
    The 4S still is a great device. However, iOS 7 gave it some battery issues-not to everyone but people have been complaining. If I were you, I would go for iPhone 5 or 5c budget wise. The plus: no problem dealing with future iOS updates (at least for a couple of years).

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    03-04-2014 09:25 PM
    As stated above the 4s most likely will lose support by the end of this year so a i5 would be minimal to guarantee at least an iOS 8 update

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    03-04-2014 09:36 PM
    The 4S is the tipping point of the iPhone lineup...it's nearing obscurity, but still retains the needed horsepower to give a user a decent experience with iOS 7. After this year, the 4S is going to quickly fall over that tipping point and it will be obscure by summer 2015. Unfortunately, with the speed that technology moves at, devices just don't have long lives...by next summer, the 4S will be near 4 years old...that's prehistoric by technology standards.
    Speedygi and taz323 like this.
    03-04-2014 10:18 PM
    The 4S is the tipping point of the iPhone lineup...it's nearing obscurity, but still retains the needed horsepower to give a user a decent experience with iOS 7. After this year, the 4S is going to quickly fall over that tipping point and it will be obscure by summer 2015. Unfortunately, with the speed that technology moves at, devices just don't have long lives...by next summer, the 4S will be near 4 years old...that's prehistoric by technology standards.
    It's still amazing how long they get updated for and kept on the lineup. You don't ever see that longevity with other brands/OS's...
    03-05-2014 08:40 AM
    It's still amazing how long they get updated for and kept on the lineup. You don't ever see that longevity with other brands/OS's...
    Apple is truly one of a kind in that regard.
    03-05-2014 09:04 AM
    I have an iPad air and it is great. I am over 80 :-) love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-07-2014 04:39 PM
    Hey levi96,
    I would go for an iPhone 5c or at least the 5. As apple will be new devices in counted intervals the support for the 4 series and 4S will be shrinking by summer I guess. My girlfriend is still using her iPhone 4 and it was working fine just until iOS 7 came out. After iOS 7 the iPhone just got slower and slower day for day even after restoring it severAl times. I think with the future updates and maybe a new iPhone in summer/fall the same thing might happen to the iPhone 4S.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit iMore Forums
    03-07-2014 05:53 PM
    Hey levi96,
    I would go for an iPhone 5c or at least the 5. As apple will be new devices in counted intervals the support for the 4 series and 4S will be shrinking by summer I guess. My girlfriend is still using her iPhone 4 and it was working fine just until iOS 7 came out. After iOS 7 the iPhone just got slower and slower day for day even after restoring it severAl times. I think with the future updates and maybe a new iPhone in summer/fall the same thing might happen to the iPhone 4S.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit iMore Forums
    I don't think you can buy any iPhone 5 in anywhere other than the secondary market for now.

The 5c has replaced it in the product line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-08-2014 02:13 AM