I just wanted to know if theres any way to search for old messages you may have. For example I have a thread thats at least 2 or 3 months long. I wnated to know if theres a quicker way to look back at them besides hitting "load earlier messages". Maybe theres a possible cydia tweak out there or something
    03-03-2014 11:28 PM
    Jwaves you can do a spotlight search by swiping down from the top of your iPhone you will get a 'search phone' bar. If you can think of a unique word your text you are looking for would help narrow your search response. Good Luck

Sent from my iPad mini using the iMore Forum App❤️
    03-04-2014 02:53 AM
    Jwaves you can do a spotlight search by swiping down from the top of your iPhone you will get a 'search phone' bar. If you can think of a unique word your text you are looking for would help narrow your search response. Good Luck

Sent from my iPad mini using the iMore Forum App❤️
    Thanks but I know that. That only works for messages that are somewhat recent anything say about 1 month back never shows up in spotlight. Possibly because theres too many messages in certain threads. I dont mind using the "load earlier messages" feature inside of the thread themselves but it just takes a while when you have a lot of messages to go through. On android you can simply search inside of the messaging app and any message regardless of how long ago that fits the criteria will show up and it will take you directly to that message. I thought there was something like that on ios. In my opinion the spotlight search needs to be a lilttle more refined.
    Last edited by Speedygi; 03-05-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    03-05-2014 12:24 AM
    Jwaves. I hope you find your message you are looking for.
    I just did a spotlight search for a message I knew had to be from this summer and it popped up! Wow lol. I also have a lot of messages.
    Good luck in your message search

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    03-05-2014 01:05 AM
    Jwaves. I hope you find your message you are looking for.
    I just did a spotlight search for a message I knew had to be from this summer and it popped up! Wow lol. I also have a lot of messages.
    Good luck in your message search

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    when you find them in spotlight and click the message does it take you straight to that part of the conversation in the thread? or does it just take you to the thread in which the conversation started. When I try it it only takes me to the thread but not to where the keyword of the message im searching for is actually found in the conversation.
    Last edited by Speedygi; 03-05-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    03-05-2014 11:04 AM