I have a iphone 5 first edition when im on the phone talking and part threw the conversation my phone starts dialing numbers even tho im not touching the key pad even when i have my headset on it still does it. ive taken it into sprint so many times they just give me the run around does this happen to anyone alse and how did u fix it. it drives me crazy
    please help please

thankyou

Bridget
    03-03-2014 08:59 PM
    1. Backup the device either via iCloud or iTunes or both.
    2. Put the device in DFU Mode
    3. Connect it to your computer & initiate the computer's iTunes app. Be sure the computer is connected to the internet.
    4. When iTunes detect the device in recovery, and prompt you to restore, select to restore.
    5. When the process is complete, set up the device as new.
    Jaguarr40, pr1nce, taz323 and 1 others like this.
    03-03-2014 09:07 PM
    I cannot think in my mind how randomly in the middle of a call that the phone can be dialing numbers and in individually dialing numbers. Headset on (Bluetooth) or off I just can't think what could make this happen. What does Sprint say number 1? When it dials numbers, Are they random or do you mean a complete phone number like from your contacts? I assume it is out of warranty and if this is that bad are you in a position to upgrade or go to an Apple store to duplicate it for them one way or another. I have never heard this and think this could be a bit difficult.

I wish I could be more help to you but you deserved an answer - Maybe someone else will have something for you and i wish you the best of luck.
    bridget123 likes this.
    03-03-2014 09:14 PM
    1. Backup the device either via iCloud or iTunes or both.
    2. Put the device in DFU Mode
    3. Connect it to your computer & initiate the computer's iTunes app. Be sure the computer is connected to the internet.
    4. When iTunes detect the device in recovery, and prompt you to restore, select to restore.
    5. When the process is complete, set up the device as new.
    I have never heard of this before and I hope that this will do it for the OP. I felt bad that I did not know what to suggest and gave it my best as nobody was answering. I hope your advice works.
    bridget123 likes this.
    03-03-2014 09:18 PM
    I've never heard of this either. I hope D's advice works for you.
    03-03-2014 09:22 PM
    hello I have i phone 5 first edition ive been having problems with when im talking on the phone my phone starts making pushing buttons noise and kinda likes redial or if someone pushes down a button and hold it down on the phone and i use my head set and still does it i have gone tosprint they cant figure it out does anyone alse have this problem if so how to fix it it bugs me big time i hate it please help anyone have any ideas im open for any ideas.......

Thank you

Bridget123
    03-03-2014 11:10 PM
    Welcome to IMore, wish I could be more help, I've haven't seen this issue before. Maybe going bye your closest Apple store and having them test your device.
    03-03-2014 11:33 PM
    I may have to wipe my 5c. It called someone on its own yesterday. It even answered an incoming call too. I'm very shocked...

Sent from the colored one using Tapatalk
    04-08-2014 04:14 PM
    With iOS Data Recovery you can easily restore lost data on iPhone, iPad and iPod from iOS device, iTunes backup or iCloud backup. No need to worry about data loss after jailbreak, iOS upgrade, factory settings reset, error deletion, etc.
    62% Off - Tenorshare iOS Data Recovery for Windows with Discount Coupon code
    or
    40% Off - Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS with Discount Coupon code
    04-21-2014 08:20 AM
    My phone has now twice dialed someone on its own. First time was someone from my contact list and phone was in my pocket. I could not see how but figured it was a pocket call. But second time phone was on my nightstand and called someone at 5:00 am but it rang for me like someone was calling me (same thing first time). I answered wondering who could be calling this late/early, and so was the other person. This time the number was random - not in my contact list. I do not sleep dial.... Shocked that this is happening. Any clues?
    10-01-2014 01:15 PM