New to IPhone and this technology

I

iMore Question

I am loving my 5c however it has less than half battery life left. I plugged in the bottom and attached the USB into the plug adapter and into the wall. However, I don't get a charging symbol at all and don't know if it is actually charging. Is there a way this should tell me?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
A large battery icon should show up when you plug in the phone. There is also supposed to be a lightning bolt in the battery on the top right of the screen.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Turn the screen off and then plug it in the screen should light up and show a large battery symbol charging if not you wall plug or cable could be defective

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi, welcome to iMore and to iPhone it's a great device ^^

When you plug your iPhone to the charger it should: make a short sound (if it's not on silent mode), vibrate and the battery icon should show a small lightning icon next to it indicating it's charging. Also if the phone is locked when you plug it, it should show you the battery and say " X% charged".
So, make sure the usb cable is correctly plugged in both sides to the phone and the wall plug. If it still not charging maybe there's something wrong with your cable, try a different one if you can

Hope it works.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
You can also go,

Settings
General
Usage
And Turn ON Battery Percentage

This will show you your battery percentage next to the battery indicator and you can watch to see if it's increasing.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am loving my 5c however it has less than half battery life left. I plugged in the bottom and attached the USB into the plug adapter and into the wall. However, I don't get a charging symbol at all and don't know if it is actually charging. Is there a way this should tell me?

A large battery icon should show up when you plug in the phone. There is also supposed to be a lightning bolt in the battery on the top right of the screen.

Turn the screen off and then plug it in the screen should light up and show a large battery symbol charging if not you wall plug or cable could be defective

Correct me if I am wrong but with the new 5S and 5C when you plug in to charge you get a small bar of what is left of the battery in green or red towards the top with a short sound. IOS 7 they did away with the large battery in the middle. You get a small lightning bolt next to the battery symbol at the top and it is a good idea to have battery % on so you can tell visually if it is going up.
If none of this you have a bad USB cord or wall charger. Again correct me on the large battery symbol.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong but with the new 5S and 5C when you plug in to charge you get a small bar of what is left of the battery in green or red towards the top with a short sound. IOS 7 they did away with the large battery in the middle. You get a small lightning bolt next to the battery symbol at the top and it is a good idea to have battery % on so you can tell visually if it is going up.
If none of this you have a bad USB cord or wall charger. Again correct me on the large battery symbol.

It only shows up for a second or two when you plug the phone in.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Your right it's not as big but still large or the right size 😊

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Your right it's not as big but still large or the right size 😊

That's what she said!

But yes, the correct advice is above. Welcome to iMore. You should create an account here and stick around!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I meant you get this image for a couple of seconds (if phone is locked) + sound (if it's not silent) + vibration
ydu3ymam.jpg

It doesn't look small to me...let's say medium size then ^^

Tapatalkeando