Iphone 4s not connecting to carrier or wifi.

I

iMore Question

The phone was drained of battery power and when connected back up to the mains power source the date and time reset itself to 01/01 and the phone is constantly searching for a network. It also cannot connect to wifi so cant back it up to icloud, also after about 2 minutes of being on the screen freezes and then turns itself off again and restarts back to the same status as before searching etc etc. Have taken it to Vodafone, cant do anything, can send it back for a ?150 repair fee, which will wipe the data and basically give us a new phone. I have seen various threads about phones stuck on searching but can't seem to find ones that are related to the whole device not connecting to anything. Also the phone doesnt stay switched on when not plugged into the wall. It also wont stay on when connected via USB to computer. Any help gratefully received.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The phone was drained of battery power and when connected back up to the mains power source the date and time reset itself to 01/01 and the phone is constantly searching for a network. It also cannot connect to wifi so cant back it up to icloud, also after about 2 minutes of being on the screen freezes and then turns itself off again and restarts back to the same status as before searching etc etc. Have taken it to Vodafone, cant do anything, can send it back for a ?150 repair fee, which will wipe the data and basically give us a new phone. I have seen various threads about phones stuck on searching but can't seem to find ones that are related to the whole device not connecting to anything. Also the phone doesnt stay switched on when not plugged into the wall. It also wont stay on when connected via USB to computer. Any help gratefully received.

You may have a defected battery, but I can't say for certain. You can try switching it out yourself to make sure. If so, an iMore tutorial on how to do it can be found via the following link:

How to replace the battery in an iPhone 4S | iMore

You can also try putting the device in DFU mode, connecting it to iTunes and then restoring your device and setting it up as a new device. Note: All data on the device will be deleted so make sure you have a backup for safekeeping even though I recommend you set it up as new and NOT from a backup, just in case a bad setting or app is the culprit.
If both methods fail, then getting a replacement is your only option left.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I might add that if this is a legit phone and I am by no means suggesting otherwise because you can call Apple support and they will test your phone by sending you a text message and ask you to click a link that will give them the determination they need to say YES or NO to you and then go from there as previously advised by the member before my answer to you. Thank you for being patient with us.

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
If you can set the proper date it should connect. This fixes the searching issue on sprint phones at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711